SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 DI Mens Ice Hockey Championship

Cratter

43 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Yeah, the thing that bothers me about Providence is they're not even paying for the privilege of playing in Providence. Brown is doing it for them. 

Well, Brown can’t make the tournament themselves, so they’re living vicariously through Providence College.

On 3/28/2019 at 11:21 AM, MafiaMan said:

In order, who I would like to win the NCAA championship this year:

#1.  Providence College.  I know, I know, they just won it a few years ago, but PC is near MafiaMom's old stomping grounds up there in RI.  The Friars have always been my second-favorite team.  And who doesn't love those skating friar jerseys?

#5.  UMass.  Yes, this continues to violate the policy of hating Hockey East, but UMass has been a doormat for a long time.  Bonus as BU and BC might just shut down their respective programs if the Minutemen win the title.  

#6.  American International College.  While some might view this as a slap in the face to NCAA men's hockey, it actually would make me feel better about the Canisius College series.  Raise your hand if you knew that the Yellow Jackets have been playing hockey since 1948.  Anyone?  Anyone?    

#7.  Cornell.  Yea, the Big Red has typically been the Big Dud come NCAA tournament time, but this program is loaded with history and tradition.  I could rally around that like I did around Yale's 2013 run (wow, has that been that long ago already?).  Cody Haiskanen played at Fargo Davies and with the Force, too.  

#8.  Arizona State.  My heart says 'no'...the long-lost puck bunny admirer in me says 'yes.'  

#11.  Denver.  This would make @stoneySIOUX go mad, which is why I can't have them farther down the list.  @Godsmack , I know you won't like DU this high either, but who you gonna swap places with in five below this?  

#14.  Quinnipiac.  I'm tempted to pull for the team that's had such heartbreak in recent in years...then I remembered that Rand Pecknold is their coach.  That logo sucks too.  

#16.  Minnesota Duluth.  This really is more of a concern about @DrunkHockeyGuy and his health than anything.  I'd hate to see him requiring a liver transplant after winning a 2nd consecutive national title.  Bruce Ciskie is so likable, though, so it's hard to, wait, no it's not.      

Oof.  Some big hits today as #2 Bowling Green, #3 Mankato, and #4 Northeastern all go by the wayside.  On the bright side, #15 Notre Dame is gone.  I’m a bit concerned about the remaining field and their chances against UMD, though.

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

After watching a little of UMASS today they may be my pick.  Relentless attack today and beat a pretty well coached team and a good goalie.

I though the same thing of UMass-Lowell a few years ago after their first game...then they went out a day later and got waxed by Notre Dame.  Momentum can change in a hurry with time off.  New blood in the Frozen Four.  Congratulations, UMass.