SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 DI Mens Ice Hockey Championship

Cratter

11 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Despite what some people will tell you. DU is a good team.

As witnessed by being Top 10 all year in the Pairwise and now a Frozen Four berth.

Good team, but that might not be good enough to win it all.

54 minutes ago, tnt said:

Good team, but that might not be good enough to win it all.

I could see them getting to the championship game, especially if the D and goaltending keep playing like they did this weekend.

I'd pick Duluth (if I were to jump the gun) to beat them though if they faced off.

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

So how many regional tournaments am I going to buy tickets for with Berry as head coach that the actual ticket is worth less than the paper it's print on? 

Hochey fans are supersticious.

Maybe your 'bad luck'

Don' buy any next year.

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

So how many regional tournaments am I going to buy tickets for with Berry as head coach that the actual ticket is worth less than the paper it's print on? 

It's always all about you. Poor Oxbow.

Oh, I think the tourney is going well

Satisfied mods? Or another rush to protect your boy?

I like the UMass story. Besides facing DU as a reason to root for them, I like the way they play. I hadn’t seen them until this weekend and loved their aggressiveness and moxy (I sound like Dave Starman). I also like the fact that for years, they’ve been a perpetual bottom feeder in Hockey East so it would be great to see them get some of the limelight besides the usual suspects, BC and BU. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I like the UMass story. Besides facing DU as a reason to root for them, I like the way they play. I hadn’t seen them until this weekend and loved their aggressiveness and moxy (I sound like Dave Starman). I also like the fact that for years, they’ve been a perpetual bottom feeder in Hockey East so it would be great to see them get some of the limelight besides the usual suspects, BC and BU. 

They have a very skilled club and the best player on the ice.  Of course I say that after only seeing them play twice but you can tell when you see it.  Their puck possession is solid too.  Denver will have their hands full for sure.  UMASS reminds me of St. Cloud when St. Cloud shows up.  

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Papa Smurf said:

Explain to Me again - How we only have one Natty since the Ralph? Meanwhile St Cloud kicks Ass - at least in regular seasons - Duluth wins and Denver keeps rolling??  WTH?

St Cloud, Duluth, & Denver bring in the players that work for their programs (Hak did also), minus the Clowns have a cultural problem (ask Berry for definition) with the NCAAs. Recruiting kids so young has to have a little crap shoot in this process. Someone mentioned suspicious fans a few posts back, Hockey Players are more suspicious than the fans - some games the players play as a team all game long and then not so much.

34 minutes ago, Papa Smurf said:

Explain to Me again - How we only have one Natty since the Ralph? Meanwhile St Cloud kicks Ass - at least in regular seasons - Duluth wins and Denver keeps rolling??  WTH?

Little to no puck luck and running into hot goalies..........that's the continuing narrative.

1 hour ago, Papa Smurf said:

We've gotten soft, we need to move back to the old barn where we froze our asses off and cool things happened like dead badgers swinging down in nooses from the rafters during games...that's the Sioux hockey I grew up with. And it was good. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Recruit to your system......not just 'talent'...reading accounts (don't go to Herald  for quality anymore) of the NCAA  hockey Frozen Four...coaches/writers talk about recruiting players to your system. AIC, Bowling Green AZ State may not have high end talent...but players stick to their coaches system , and don't 'freelance'...St. Cloud may be guilty here.....The new wave of talented young coaches preach system and not 'tradition'....only alums and legacy players give a rats butt about tradition.....look at Michigan, Minnesota, the Boston's and now UND..,.. Also 'facilities' may be over sold....most teams have decent, upgraded facilities now...ie. Denver, Duluth, Penn State, Ohio State, etc....facilities more important to alums....as is tradition...

Recruit system..and the quality of the school...

• Upvote 1