SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Attendance

SiouxFan100

I was feeling nostalgic last night, and watched the "good" parts of "When They Were Kings."  Can't help but think that a repeat of the 1993 Sioux-Bison football game is on deck sometime in the next few years.  Could it be 2019?   The crowd noise in those games was unbelievable, too!  Can't wait for those Dakota rivalries to amp up the crowds. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Dustin said:

I was feeling nostalgic last night, and watched the "good" parts of "When They Were Kings."  Can't help but think that a repeat of the 1993 Sioux-Bison football game is on deck sometime in the next few years.  Could it be 2019?   The crowd noise in those games was unbelievable, too!  Can't wait for those Dakota rivalries to amp up the crowds. 

I remember going on the field after they tore down the goal posts, will never experience that again.  The 92 game in Fargo the year before was an all time great game too, the 91 game was really good too....even though we lost both of those.  I was at UND 90-94 which was awesome being there during those years where we overtook them. 

53 minutes ago, Dustin said:

It's coming like a freight train.

1 hour ago, Dustin said:

Beautiful nostalgia.

1 hour ago, Sioux94 said:

I remember going on the field after they tore down the goal posts, will never experience that again.  The 92 game in Fargo the year before was an all time great game too, the 91 game was really good too....even though we lost both of those.  I was at UND 90-94 which was awesome being there during those years where we overtook them. 

I fortunately don't carry the heartbreak of the '80s teams because I was too young (born 1982), so I didn't have a grasp of what the '93 game meant until later.  However, I get the feeling the next football victory over the Bison will be every bit as sweet for me as '93 was for you.  The 2010s have been brutal watching those guys dominate.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jdub27 said:

I'd take both to have an extra home game next season. First choice of course would be the away half of a home/home with a decent team to set up a return home game in the future. Still dumbfounded they are pretty much set on 11 games instead of 12 next season.

The committee this year didn't give much/any credit for non-D1 wins.  So it'd likely lose money and increase risk of injury to play a non-counter with minimal/no benefit.

Home/home would be nice, but maybe they don't have the extra $100k to travel in the 2019 budget.

19 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

The committee this year didn't give much/any credit for non-D1 wins.  So it'd likely lose money and increase risk of injury to play a non-counter with minimal/no benefit.

Home/home would be nice, but maybe they don't have the extra $100k to travel in the 2019 budget.

Agree on the D2 game, just being selfish for an extra week to tailgate likely early in the season.

Possible on the budget thing, but you're basically paying $100K in 2019 for a free home game in a future year instead of paying at least 1.5x in a later year to get a home game. Like I said, I get the reasoning they are using, just don't personally agree with it. I just hope we aren't sitting at 6-5 at the end of the year wishing we would have had one extra D-1 win to add to the win column.

Even the gold standard of the FCS isn't safe from the attendance decline around the country.  The defending chanps and winners of 6 of the last 7 titles is having trouble selling seats for a playoff game!!

https://ev7.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3ANDSU%3AFCS18%3AFCS01%3A&linkID=ndsu&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=FBHG&cgc=

6 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Even the gold standard of the FCS isn't safe from the attendance decline around the country.  The defending chanps and winners of 6 of the last 7 titles is having trouble selling seats for a playoff game!!

https://ev7.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3ANDSU%3AFCS18%3AFCS01%3A&linkID=ndsu&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=FBHG&cgc=

$35-$45 is a great value.  I can't even get out of a bar buying a round of drinks and an order of quesadillas for that...

14 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I will save everyone the suspense.  Montana State will probably fumble the opening kick-off, rush for 70 yards in the entire game, throw 3 picks, and have 8 false starts.  The same as 90% of all the games in Fargo.  Why bother - 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

I will save everyone the suspense.  Montana State will probably fumble the opening kick-off, rush for 70 yards in the entire game, throw 3 picks, and have 8 false starts.  The same as 90% of all the games in Fargo.  Why bother - 

An attendance issue where people don't show up to a playoff game because it is basically a foregone conclusion that your team will win by at least 3 TD's is a good problem to have I guess!!

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

An attendance issue where people don't show up to a playoff game because it is basically a foregone conclusion that your team will win by at least 3 TD's is a good problem to have I guess!!

That's the mentality that get's you upset.

Tampa Bay giving tickets away for Sunday game.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/buccaneers-resort-giving-tickets-away-free-8-year-low-attendance-040314454.html

33 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Last year on BOZOville, there were fans claiming they had 15,000 or maybe even 25,000 fans that would buy additional season tickets if they were available. Talk about having a grasp of reality misfire and arrogance over there.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

That's the mentality that get's you upset.

Tampa Bay giving tickets away for Sunday game.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/buccaneers-resort-giving-tickets-away-free-8-year-low-attendance-040314454.html

Maybe a little different issue and self-inflicted wound by the NFL......#Istand.

2 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Last year on BOZOville, there were fans claiming they had 15,000 or maybe even 25,000 fans that would buy additional season tickets if they were available. Talk about having a grasp of reality misfire and arrogance over there.

Season tickets vs.  Playoff games are not really correlated. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

Yay.......guess if you aspire to be a top tier FCS team it is a tough problem have.

7 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

In other words, NDSU will win easily. I agree with you. 

I sure wish UND would get to the point where they consistently win easily. UND has yet to get to the point where they can even consistently win the games they are favored to win. 

• Upvote 2