SiouxSports.com Forum

Who would UND hire?

F'n Hawks

23 hours ago, zonadub said:

Getting a coordinator from NDSU should be seriously considered. As Dustin said… they know how to get it done.

Our luck we will hire one coordinator who will have a just barely above .500 record with little playoff success and the other coordinator will find success as a Power 5 FBS school.  Nah, no way that would ever happen.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UND Fan said:

Fully agree but it won’t change until UND figures out how to raise more $ from FB alums (and FB fans) and the Champions Club realizes they can raise much more by simply setting some goals and using better common sense in their communication and marketing!!

Absolutely, it’s run by a bunch of delinquents.

I know a lot of people in North Dakota with $ to spend but the Champions Club and Alumni Foundation puts up their noses to them. They spend so much time trying to get the big bucks (i.e., the big time donation) from select donors, that they fail to realize there are several moderate donations all over the place that they could be capitalizing on. 

I think UND athletics fundraising, beyond the hockey community, is god awful. I mean, how could you say it’s not? UND’s non-hockey sports budget is below average… not good enough to yield banners on a consistent basis, that’s for sure. 

Hate to say it, but NDSU Team Makers has blown UND out of the water the past decade. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I know a lot of people in North Dakota with $ to spend but the Champions Club and Alumni Foundation puts up their noses to them. They spend so much time trying to get the big bucks (i.e., the big time donation) from select donors, that they fail to realize there are several moderate donations all over the place that they could be capitalizing on. 

I think UND athletics fundraising, beyond the hockey community, is god awful. I mean, how could you say it’s not? UND’s non-hockey sports budget is below average… not good enough to yield banners on a consistent basis, that’s for sure. 

Hate to say it, but NDSU Team Makers has blown UND out of the water the past decade. 

This will prove that I am an old fart but I remember when the Big Green Club annually raised twice as much as the Team Makers!  

Teama

3 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Team Makers nets 700k a year from charitable gambling.  UND doesn't even try.  

• Upvote 4

43 minutes ago, Class_of_98 said:

I was coaches level for football for seven years, not big but not small.  I received zero calls nor visits from anyone at CC in that entire period (student annual call does NOT count).  I’d like to know if I was alone in that.  My parents and brother were similar level Teamakers and each had annual in person visits from rep.  Buddy is sImilar level SDSU booster and gets calls often and gets taken out for lunch annually to receive his donation.  CC is missing such an opportunity, just look at how the SUs do it and emulate.  Show appreciation.  I got fed up and our girls have VB tourneys on fall weekends so we dropped.  It’s the entire package, the whole of UND athletics department is so unenthusiastic.  Advertising, clothing, fundraising, websites, general lack of quality, professional hype.

You’re spot on you. UND champions club and alumni foundation is being run by fools, like I said. They’re missing the objective by a lot. Sad sad reality. 

You can’t just go for the home run donation all the damn time - appreciate the other donors and they will give more!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Class_of_98 said:

I was coaches level for football for seven years, not big but not small.  I received zero calls nor visits from anyone at CC in that entire period (student annual call does NOT count).  I’d like to know if I was alone in that.  My parents and brother were similar level Teamakers and each had annual in person visits from rep.  Buddy is sImilar level SDSU booster and gets calls often and gets taken out for lunch annually to receive his donation.  CC is missing such an opportunity, just look at how the SUs do it and emulate.  Show appreciation.  I got fed up and our girls have VB tourneys on fall weekends so we dropped.  It’s the entire package, the whole of UND athletics department is so unenthusiastic.  Advertising, clothing, fundraising, websites, general lack of quality, professional hype.

Yup I was CC for several years, then they screwed up my football season tickets and I dropped. Never got a call in over 5 years. There is lots of low hanging fruit out there.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

You can’t just go for the home run donation all the damn time - appreciate the other donors

I've been saying this for a long time. Build a large donor base and remain engaged with them year-round. But then I get slammed for "spending other people's money". Well, that's how intercollegiate athletics is funded everywhere, so we either get with it, or get left behind.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, shep said:

All this talk of fundraising and the biggest pot should go to NIL. 

That is the key going forward in my opinion. 

I disagree.. what irks me about NIL is that athletes were whining for years... "i want to get paid for my likeness.. blah blah blah"

Then, the NCAA allows it to happen...."Ok go make money off yourself." 

Now instead of the athlete going out and setting it all up and actually earning their money, they expect the coaches and booster clubs to set it up for them.... that's not what it was intended for. Just drives me nuts.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, SD UND said:

I disagree.. what irks me about NIL is that athletes were whining for years... "i want to get paid for my likeness.. blah blah blah"

Then, the NCAA allows it to happen...."Ok go make money off yourself." 

Now instead of the athlete going out and setting it all up and actually earning their money, they expect the coaches and booster clubs to set it up for them.... that's not what it was intended for. Just drives me nuts.

image.gif.1a53028ecbc0c7ba4f7ea4f3a0ee9a82.gif

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Class_of_98 said:

Upper levels within UND and the Foundation will be reading these comments about the CC later today.  If anyone has other specific examples, please post them.  Obviously, they won't know who wrote them.

Some day I will post a couple of my personal examples - amazing!!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UND Fan said:

Upper levels within UND and the Foundation will be reading these comments about the CC later today.  If anyone has other specific examples, please post them.  Obviously, they won't know who wrote them.

Glad someone is finally paying attention - fans at this level have been taken for granted for a long time.  

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

Given how much money this website has proactively donated through the lets help bubba campaign, and considering the large amount of discussion and frustration that has been expressed here (and for such a long period of time) I think the least they could do is log on, in an official capacity, to answer some questions or give a little insight into their process/vision.  

They have been saying they have been close on phase two for over a year now, yet there has been no public fundraising phase?  No renderings?  Not a single mention of the project or even the general vision for the project on any of the official websites? The "give now" section on the Alumni Foundation website doesn't even list Phase 2 as a donation option? https://undalumni.org/Athletics

Chaves and the Alumni Association/Champions Club are great at blowing off my emails when I've asked specifically about this, however. I would donate to phase 2, but I'm still waiting to get asked - either personally or through a public fundraising phase!

Yet football fans get ridiculed for being impatient or for trying to spend other people's money...

Bubba has sent a thank you card every time I've donated through the "lets help bubba" fundraising drive on this website.  After the football guys sent out an email this summer for the food campaign thing, I made a small donation and then quickly received another thank you card from Bubba yet again, and that's not even his job.

I'll say it again - the people who's job it is to do this stuff aren't even trying.  I'M SURE THAT ISN'T ACTUALLY THE CASE, but it's the impression that myself and many others have gotten, and I think that viewpoint is justified.  If Upper levels of UND and the Alumni Association actually read this, I hope you seriously consider the implications of that.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Class_of_98 said:

I can compare, and I’m really just piggybacking at this point.

I have friends who give $15,000 per year to NDSU in Team Makers and I know people who give similar annual amounts to UND Champions Club.

NDSU TM buddy gets treated like royality - direct visits from FB head coach (primarily Bohl back in 2011-2013), calls, complimentary tickets, tailgating passes, etc.

At UND, lucky if you get one phone call per year from an intern or random student athlete. CC leaders walk by you at functions and pretend to not even know who are (which they may actually not know who are!).

Let me be clear; my main issue or complaint isn’t even what I shared above; it’s the failure in finding and retaining potential donors around UND. Additionally, how much work is being done keeping in connection with football alumni base? - which is massive!

• Like 1