SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
F'n Hawks

Who would UND hire?

What are the issues that need to be addressed and how. Then decide who. I was impressed with the incoming freshmen.... hope we don’t lose any over this.

The thing is If we fire the whole staff, we likely lose a lot of the good recruits,  particularly that QB. Because you know we will be lame and do a 30 day hire period, which means signing day will have come and gone in December before we name a new coach and we will be screwed with half a class. Maybe some good current players transfer.  It happened last time, dont think some players wont leave again if we fire the whole staff. That said I do think Bubba isn't the right guy and we need to make a change. Chaves has his work cut out for him,  hope he earns his paycheck appropriately.  

9 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

The thing is If we fire the whole staff, we likely lose a lot of the good recruits,  particularly that QB. Because you know we will be lame and do a 30 day hire period, which means signing day will have come and gone in December before we name a new coach and we will be screwed with half a class. Maybe some good current players transfer.  It happened last time, dont think some players wont leave again if we fire the whole staff. That said I do think Bubba isn't the right guy and we need to make a change. Chaves has his work cut out for him,  hope he earns his paycheck appropriately.  

It's important to give Chaves credit for being a competent athletics coordinator. This isn't Faison shenanigans we are talking about.

Now, it remains to be seen if Chaves would dare do anything this early in his tenure. I highly doubt it so most of this will be a moot point. But, in the event Chaves did see an opportunity to hire someone with DI experience that he knows via his Eastern Washington days, UND absolutely needs to go through with it.

You don't worry about 1 year of recruits over the possibility of years of success. How does that even make sense?

Its all about the rewards vs. the risks.

If you make a big time hire, the reward of winning many games and championships far outweighs the risk of losing a SINGLE YEAR of recruits. This is the logic used all over college football so its far from new.

• Upvote 3