SiouxSports.com Forum

Who would UND hire?

F'n Hawks

5 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I can redraw it in larger crayon, but I can't make you understand.

Call it anything you want, it's not the top son, sorry.

You can still use your crayon reference all you want but the fact of the matter is you are wrong. By NCAA classification UND is D1 in all sports, even football. This cannot be disputed, no matter how big your crayon is. You are just being ignorant at this point because I cannot imagine someone being this stupid.

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I can redraw it in larger crayon, but I can't make you understand.

Call it anything you want, it's not the top son, sorry.

First will say that I support all UND teams including hockey, fb, men's and women's bb with my time and money and hope they all do well.

My question for you is - based on your logic,  would NCAA hockey or Major Juniors be the DII league for North America for their age group. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, siouxkid12 said:

You can still use your crayon reference all you want but the fact of the matter is you are wrong. By NCAA classification UND is D1 in all sports, even football. This cannot be disputed, no matter how big your crayon is. You are just being ignorant at this point because I cannot imagine someone being this stupid.

Does UND compete in the top division of NCAA football.

Not sure if your kid plays on a tram and you want to pretend or what but no.

Ask any real D1 athlete.

FCS is not D1 other than for stroking egos of donors and the weakminded.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

45 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

First will say that I support all UND teams including hockey, fb, men's and women's bb with my time and money and hope they all do well.

My question for you is - based on your logic,  would NCAA hockey or Major Juniors be the DII league for North America for their age group. 

Interesting question but unfortunately there is no clear answer because it's not an apples to apple comparison... no real inter-playability.

NCAA NHL views Canadian Major Juniors (MJ) as a minor pro league.

the NHL views the leagues quite equally more and more now.

It's not like a kid can't get recruited to the MJ so drops to NCAA... nor can we say a kid can't get into the NCAA he drops down to MJ.

To relate for the slow ones.

when Kids can't get a spot in the top division of college football... Alabama, Auburn..... Real Division 1

they fall into lesser divisions. NDSU, SDSU... UND.. the second division but to make bumbleheaded fans think they're important and cool it's labeled "FCS".

38 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Interesting question but unfortunately there is no clear answer because it's not an apples to apple comparison... no real inter-playability.

NCAA NHL views Canadian Major Juniors (MJ) as a minor pro league.

the NHL views the leagues quite equally more and more now.

It's not like a kid can't get recruited to the MJ so drops to NCAA... nor can we say a kid can't get into the NCAA he drops down to MJ.

To relate for the slow ones.

when Kids can't get a spot in the top division of college football... Alabama, Auburn..... Real Division 1

they fall into lesser divisions. NDSU, SDSU... UND.. the second division but to make bumbleheaded fans think they're important and cool it's labeled "FCS".

You’re delusional and just trying to convince yourself of your own farfetched reasoning. We all know what you’re trying to say, but it’s apparently impossible for you to realize the insignificance of it.

NCAA hockey has a single classification and lacks diversity because it’s not overall popular.  NCAA football has multiple classifications because there’s so many institutions supporting it - it’s diverse and incredibly popular.

UND is in the second highest classification of NCAA football and the only classification available (and needed) for NCAA hockey. The highest NCAA classification of hockey is no where near as popular monetarily or attendance-wise as the highest classification of NCAA football. NCAA hockey is, however, comparable to the second highest classification of NCAA football. 

Keep talking yourself in circles though to convince your delusional self otherwise.

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

You’re delusional and just trying to convince yourself of your own farfetched reasoning. We all know what you’re trying to say, but it’s apparently impossible for you to realize the insignificance of it.

NCAA hockey has a single classification and lacks diversity because it’s not overall popular.  NCAA football has multiple classifications because there’s so many institutions supporting it - it’s diverse and incredibly popular.

UND is in the second highest classification of NCAA football and the only classification available (and needed) for NCAA hockey. The highest NCAA classification of hockey is no where near as popular monetarily or attendance-wise as the highest classification of NCAA football. NCAA hockey is, however, comparable to the second highest classification of NCAA football. 

Keep talking yourself in circles though to convince your delusional self otherwise.

Well no.. WRONG.

NCAA offers 3 Divisions of Men's Ice Hockey

Divison 1

Divison 2 Currently no schools choose to compete, and NCAA does not currently offer a championship in D2

Divison 3   So this is the secondary best division of NCAA hockey = FCS Football

Div 1

Hockey: UMtc, Boston University, Michigan, UND 

Football: Alabama, Miami, Texas, Michigan Notre Dame

The second division.... 

Hockey: St. Norbort, Univ. Wisco-Stevens Point, Adrian, Norwich

Football: SDSU, Pittsburgh, NDSU, Jackson State, UND

Again a kid can't go D1 Hockey he ends up in the second division.... it's labeled  "D3"

A kid can't go D1 in Football he ends up in the second division........... its labeled "FCS"

Labels don't matter. Quit moving the goalposts to fit your ego

Get over yourself... its D2.

• Downvote 2

59 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Oh. My. God. This thread is embarrassing.  Argue all you want, but really both college hockey and FCS football are niche sports at the national level.  They are what we make of them.

Almost makes you wish for the Bison…at least that wasn’t in-fighting.

48 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Well no.. WRONG.

Divison 1

Divison 2 Currently no schools choose to compete, and NCAA does not currently offer a championship in D2

Divison 3   So this is the secondary best division of NCAA hockey = FCS Football

Div 1

The second division.... 

Again a kid can't go D1 Hockey he ends up in the second division.... it's labeled  "D3"

A kid can't go D1 in Football he ends up in the second division........... its labeled "FCS"

Well no … WRONG. FCS is not division II, as numerous posters have explained but you’re too ignorant to appreciate it.

No schools chose to compete in division 2 hockey? What does that tell you? What a joke. Laughable that you defend such a joke of a sport. 

“St. Norbort, Univ. Wisco-Stevens Point, Adrian, Norwich” … are you serious?

You think that’s comparable to football from the University of North Dakota, North Dakota State, South Dakota State, University of Montana, Montana State University, etc. ?

You’re delusional. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Well no.. WRONG.

Divison 1

Div 1

The second division.... 

Pretty sad the biggest team in the state is a D2 program….. embarrassing to all the other D1 sports……

4 hours ago, siouxweet said:

Wonder if this same argument is going on at Duke between the football and basketball programs fan bases.

Well Duke is 3-1 and Kansas is 4-0 this year, so I doubt it. And although those football programs are definitely 2nd fiddle to their school’s basketball programs, at least their athletic departments actively look to try find the right coach. They recognize the importance of program leadership in winning and cultivating a fan base. Kansas with Lance Leipold looks to be finally heading the right direction. Duke with Mike Elko doesn’t look too bad either. 

Whereas at UND, the administration doesn’t even try to improve football. Keep 9+ years of mediocrity not only together, but extend it aimlessly? They could at least try hide the fact they only care to fund hockey. The apathy and ignorance towards football and basketball at UND is gut wrenching - worst DI collegiate athletic model in the country until things change.

And you wonder why folks with dollars to give would rather just hold on to it?

• Upvote 1