SiouxSports.com Forum

Who would UND hire?

F'n Hawks

54 minutes ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

A little over the top, and I think you mean perpetuating. I agree, some of these football fans here see through a closed lense. If they’re ok with Bubba ball, then they can enjoy watching D2 football every Saturday.

So a hockey fan came on a football thread for the first time this season to tear down Bubba and the FB program. That sure is interesting that these are you first comments…….

you are part of the problem!

1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Have you ever come up with any solution to a problem besides whining and comparing what others have to what you don't.

It's really a life question at this point with you.

So cry, whine, and complain, call names and pretend you know something ... while others just go out there and create the next improvement...

Here's a hint, might want to take a break from UND hockey twitter for a bit today, and right now, in particular.

I can already hear the seething jealousy and accusations of a sweater.... and im sure thats totally going to result the next loss on the gridiron.. ffs

To answer your babbling question(s): Yes. 

In summary, you are (or at least represent) the problem. 

1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Have you ever come up with any solution to a problem besides whining and comparing what others have to what you don't.

It's really a life question at this point with you.

So cry, whine, and complain, call names and pretend you know something ... while others just go out there and create the next improvement...

Here's a hint, might want to take a break from UND hockey twitter for a bit today, and right now, in particular.

I can already hear the seething jealousy and accusations of a sweater.... and im sure thats totally going to result the next loss on the gridiron.. ffs

Barry and the Boyz gonna win this Vegas game or lay an egg against another inferior opponent????? Good thing the jersey looks cool otherwise a reminder of a bad loss on the shoulder would be hard to forget about……

2 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Barry and the Boyz gonna win this Vegas game or lay an egg against another inferior opponent????? Good thing the jersey looks cool otherwise a reminder of a bad loss on the shoulder would be hard to forget about……

Gotta just eat at you that there are 15,000 UND fans that are willing to pay more than a price of season tickets for football to watch that potential scenario.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tnt said:

Gotta just eat at you that there are 15,000 UND fans that are willing to pay more than a price of season tickets for football to watch that potential scenario.  

It’s Vegas, Nashville, New York City …

Fun places to travel and represent UND.

Traveling to places like Lincoln, NE; Ames, IA; Logan, UT; Boise, ID; Manhattan, KS just doesn’t have the same appeal, but it’s definitely still fun.

Now, if UND could win a couple of those big matches and then return home and keep winning, it probably would attract a few 1000 to travel and check it out. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

So a hockey fan came on a football thread for the first time this season to tear down Bubba and the FB program. That sure is interesting that these are you first comments…….

I have multiple accounts. I also rarely comment, and have been following along since the early 2000s. The person who is the problem, calling me part of the problem. Joke.

9 minutes ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

I have multiple accounts. I also rarely comment, and have been following along since the early 2000s. The person who is the problem, calling me part of the problem. Joke.

23 hours ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

Start a petition to out Bubba? Protest with our feet, and don’t go to home games? it’s going to be mediocrity for the next decade if we don’t make a change now.

You are absolutely part of the problem.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

I always thought Chaves was a sketch hire, just another in a line of bad AD hires.  

You know…I am old and I have always thought experience is important. It still is but I think I would like to see an AD, maybe mid-30s or so, with some real passion for UND. The innate abilities to do the job and then polish him/her off to be a real gem. The importance  of networking in the community and the role of technology. Maybe even a home grown AD who would be on a first name basis with the extended community. Not a GOBC guy who will meet up with friends at conferences and reminisce.

just saying….

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Mama Sue said:

You know…I am old and I have always thought experience is important. It still is but I think I would like to see an AD, maybe mid-30s or so, with some real passion for UND. The importance  of networking in the community and the role of technology. Maybe even a home grown AD who would be on a first name basis with the extended community. Not a GOBC guy who will meet up with friends at conferences and reminisce.

just saying….

Maybe not the “young” part, but I think Bubba could fit that role pretty good. 

• Like 1

Saw the South Dakota AD on before the game with the a.c.

he said they have about 100 athletes with NIL deals

most are just small deals, free food or other items  but he said they are using it down there 

I think I see Sather out and about more than any other coach.  He seems to be talking to,people,along the way, not hiding like the AD does.

‘Bubba F is at many events too.

‘Bubba H I don’t see at many other events, maybe he is I just doesn’t see him.

1 hour ago, tnt said:

Why would that eat at me when I am one of those 15k???? I have probably been to more road hockey games than to games in GF for the last few years. Heck I’ve been to more hockey games than football too. I can be critical of all teams and still support ALL of them. 

bragging about 15k UND hockey fans to UND fans is pretty pathetic……. All while Ag U fans laugh at all of us when they fill US Bank stadium with 40k+ fans……..

• Upvote 3

Take a guy like Hunter Berg who is the foundation director at Williston state college

he is well spoken , high energy guy.

played there and transferred to UND

i think he was the AD there and maybe coached there too.

get someone like him to any position at UND would be a great addition.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Why would that eat at me when I am one of those 15k???? I have probably been to more road hockey games than to games in GF for the last few years. Heck I’ve been to more hockey games than football too. I can be critical of all teams and still support ALL of them. 

bragging about 15k UND hockey fans to UND fans is pretty pathetic……. All while Ag U fans laugh at all of us when they fill US Bank stadium with 40k+ fans……..

For someone who claims to be a UND supporter, you seem to only rip the hockey team.  If NDSU is so great, maybe you should change your user name around.  

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Maybe not the “young” part, but I think Bubba could fit that role pretty good. 

Bubba is not AD material.
He'd be better off in a fundraising role. 
Frankly, the track record of coach to AD at UND isn't great (Thomas, Gasparini). 

College athletics today is a business.
And the AD is running people and budgets. 
I'd rather a business minded person with some athletic background as the AD. 

• Upvote 2

Bubba is not a closer too

helluva speaker and great guy but he is too nice to close the deal I think

i could see him across the table about ready to secure a $10miion donation and  tells the people well you may only want to do $5 million so your kids can have the other $ 5 million too as family is very important 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

You’re quite arrogant. I have every right to voice my opinion on something I’ve loved since I was a toddler. Still remember standing on the sidelines at Memorial. Get a grip.

2 hours ago, tnt said:

For someone who claims to be a UND supporter, you seem to only rip the hockey team.  If NDSU is so great, maybe you should change your user name around.  

I am critical of the hockey program because I am tired of them under performing with the top resources and facilities in the country. 1 title in over 2 decades is frustrating to say the least. I could care less what happens in the regular season, I (We) want national championships!!! Why should I be ok with less?

why would I hold the football team to the same high standard when they have a fraction of the support (fans and $$$$) as the hockey team. I am just as disappointed when the football team has a losing season and misses the playoffs, I just don’t expect them to win it all with what they have. I would love to see football titles one day and get that program to the level of hockey. Yes maybe a coaching change would help , but I don’t think that is the only solution it will take. I also realize making a change right now won’t happen with contracts so why not make dues with what we have and continue to cheer on our football team win or lose. 

I sure as hell am jealous of what NDSU has done over the past decade and we should all strive for what they have accomplished because none of our programs are at that dynasty level…. Tough pill for many of you to swallow and hear I know.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

My god you can't get this, just AOC WOW.

I'll help.

Step 1: Get paper and crayon.

Step 2: List the divisions that college football teams compete in.

Step3: Number those divisions down the left side of the paper starting at 1....

Step 4: Read the number next to the group UND competes in.

See Below for Answer. 

You can PRETEND that there is a "FCS" "fBS"  FBLQBTQ conference names all you want.

UND is not and never will compete in the top  "1" conference of college football.

Stop expecting people to support a program to the same extent as those teams that do compete at the top levels of college football, or any other sport. 

It's insane delusion to expect this will ever not be the case.

Answer key: 2.....     

"II" for those of you who used Roman numerals.

Keep those crayons sharp meow.

I can’t find UND here  List of NCAA Division II football programs - Wikipedia
But I did find them here List of NCAA Division I FCS football programs - Wikipedia

Last I checked the top one is roman numerals "II" and the bottom one uses roman numeral "I"....

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

I can find UND here  List of NCAA Division II football programs - Wikipedia
But I did find them here List of NCAA Division I FCS football programs - Wikipedia

Last I checked the top one is roman numerals "II" and the bottom one uses roman numeral "I"....

The post is meant to point out that the FCS isn’t the pinnacle of football. To be fair, a lot of teams in the FBS should be in the FCS and vice versa. UND recruits D2 talent, and NDSU recruits top FCS talent, with a few that end up being NFL starters. My thoughts anyways.

• Downvote 3

43 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

I can find UND here  List of NCAA Division II football programs - Wikipedia

I can redraw it in larger crayon, but I can't make you understand.

Call it anything you want, it's not the top son, sorry.

6 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I can redraw it in larger crayon, but I can't make you understand.

Call it anything you want, it's not the top son, sorry.

Who cares, it’s still football. The country cares about football. Hockey is maybe the 4th most popular sport, maybe. UND should ignore football because they’re not in the top division? How ridiculous. Get over it and move on. Be happy you’re around Grand Forks where there’s exceptions to the rule. 

• Upvote 1