SiouxSports.com Forum

UND - Idaho Game Day Thread

SiouxFan100

4 minutes ago, F'n Hawks said:

With good coaches this team easily makes the playoffs. Sure, some positions were recruited poorly but this team has talent. It’s more of a X’s and O’s problem with this staff and basically always has been. 

I agree.  Every FCS loss is a win with minor x’s and o’s changes and major special teams overhauls . We are close but some changes need to be made.

i am sure there had to be some players with basic football knowledge that were questioning the play calling after the blocked punt.  At that point if we run every play and Kett stretches the play clock out on every play, we escape Moscow with a win today.  

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Need a dual threat QB. Guy who can escape pressure and pickup a first down with his feet. I can handoff and chuck the pigskin with a prayer too.

I think Kett can run but he just doesn't, probably been told not to run.

8 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

As we question why we can’t win recruiting battles... it’s games like tonight that come to mind.

Reminds me of the Richmond game.  tonight and then had a chance to move the program forward in prestige which would help recruiting.  

both games were over if we just play decent and let them both get away.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Reminds me of the Richmond game.  tonight and then had a chance to move the program forward in prestige which would help recruiting.  

both games were over if we just play decent and let them both get away.

Except Richmond was a playoff team and Idaho sucks a$$

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kab said:

The color commentator even said toward the end of the game our coaches made some strange calls

When you have a lead, your top 4 receivers are out and you refuse to target the TE’s, it does not take Bill Belechik to figure out you should run the ball and milk the clock.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

When you have a lead, your top 4 receivers are out and you refuse to target the TE’s, it does not take Bill Belechik to figure out you should run the ball and milk the clock.

If we had deflated the ball a bit we would have won.

27 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Zimmerman is absolutely no better than Kett

I didn't say better but he looked damn good against Montana last year. He has better feet and I think he is a better runner when the situation calls for it. He reads the field better; Kett locks on a receiver pre-snap. Even the commentators noticed it.

5 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

If we had deflated the ball a bit we would have won.

If Kett waited til the play clock was at 1 second and took a knee on every play after the blocked punt we probably win but especially on the last drive before their game winner.  The incomplete pass cost UND 30-45 seconds or saved Idaho a time-out.  The 4 incompletions saved Idaho 1.5-2 minutes.  Horrible play calling with a lead in that situation.

• Upvote 2

There's a reason the spread offense has become so prevalent in college football, you're able to spread out a defense, force one on one matches, and pull safeties/linebackers away from the box so that you can run against an unstacked box. The i-form where you bring in a tight end (or two) and a H-back/fullback type, you run into a stacked boss where a defense can throw in bodies and muddle it up. Yes, you can block it perfectly and open a hole but I think you're making it easier on the defense. 

25 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Quick easy high completion percentage throws...instead UND was throwing bombs hoping for that home run.