SiouxSports.com Forum

UND - Idaho Game Day Thread

SiouxFan100

22 minutes ago, Kab said:

When they didn’t go on 4th down Kett was pissed he was looking at bubba when he came off the field shaking his head

alot of us spen a lot of money following this team and this is what we get from coaches

I don't have faith Kett will make a play in the clutch, way to inconsistent.  

Schmidt is young and a fiamibdcinnthecrough but don’t get him inover his head.... he may be already... what type of support or guidance is he getting? Who is holding Rudy’s feetvto the fire. Don’t head coaches many times takecover okay calling? Not sure that has happened..

4 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

Nope... all knee jerk reactions at this point AND he is a young coach .... very qualified but don’t sour him or burn him out putting him in a position like this. He is a diamond in the rough but givechim time.

Finish the season and then the AD needs to have some serious talks with coaches (?players?),  the Sioux community, and then determine what we need....

Don’t know what this issue is..... but someone needs to provide real strict parameters for the rest of the season...

He is a nice guy, and he loves UND. That’s could be so many people. I like Bubba, but he has not done his job. Over the past two years he has had numerous opportunities to make changes as OV and ST Coordinator. He did not. This coaches have directly cost us games and one could argue, playoffs. Bubba made bad decisions. When you don’t do your job, you’re going to be at risk of losing it, and nice or not I don’t see Chaves being too please with this.

3 minutes ago, BigGame said:

I don't have faith Kett will make a play in the clutch, way to inconsistent.  

We didn’t need to make playscanymore in the clutch.  We needed to be able to get a punt off and run the ball with a 27-17 lead and the game was over, Idaho was toast.   Nope. We f’d it up.

I can't understand how Schmidt just gets a pass all the time... He calls a game like he is playing a video game.  I get being aggressive but it isn't aggressive when it is every play call.  I team needs to be able to play good football out of base alignments!

Plenty of blame to go around at that includes all the coaching staff.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

We didn’t need to make playscanymore in the clutch.  We needed to be able to get a punt off and run the ball with a 27-17 lead and the game was over, Idaho was toast.   Nope. We f’d it up.

Not saying that, just that a QB needs to be able to make the lay up throws and he doesn't much of the time.  

You can't run into a stacked box consistently, no team really can so the QB needs to be able to consistently make some throws.  

At this point, bringing up the idea of scrapping the coaching staff is not a knee jerk reaction. They've had years to show us something but really it's not been much outside of a good game here or there. Rudolph is a terrible offensive coordinator and has shown nothing in developing QB's. Kostich might be a nice guy and a player's coach but the woes of the special teams are completely laughable and all comes back to scheme and preparation. Bubba has hitched his wagon to these guys and unfortunately they are pulling him down. There could be a role somewhere for Bubba in the alumni office but I think his time as the head coach needs to be over. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, siouxfan512 said:

Mussman is chuckling somewhere

I find myself wondering what would have happened had we combined a Mussman called offense with a Bubba/Schmidt defense. I know it would never have happened but interesting to think about. Say what you will about Mussman's tenure, but he had some good offenses. 

1 minute ago, Old School Guy said:

Zimmerman is on the sideline. The kicking game is a joke.  Same as last week.

I think people over estimate Zimmerman's talent but he certainly plays with energy.  I think he would freelance a little more which might be helpful.  

4 minutes ago, Feff said:

I find myself wondering what would have happened had we combined a Mussman called offense with a Bubba/Schmidt defense. I know it would never have happened but interesting to think about. Say what you will about Mussman's tenure, but he had some good offenses. 

He sure did. Maybe our next coach can find the balance.

1 minute ago, BigGame said:

I think people over estimate Zimmerman's talent but he certainly plays with energy.  I think he would freelance a little more which might be helpful.  

Kett has not progressed this season as a qb but that is not the reason we gave this game away.  It was basic game management and specials in the 4th quarter on the road.  The frickin’ game was over and incompetence lost the game.

• Upvote 3