SiouxSports.com Forum

MDtoGF

2 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

I think we stepped in it this time.  Why schedule this crappy team following SU.  Can't we stand on our own 2 feet and find a different crappy team??

I kind of had this feeling when I first heard that both ND schools were playing them.  I will have to say our scheduling is getting better for the future as compared to our last 10 years.

11 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

I think he was actually pretty spot on, in that UND fans really need a game. I think everyone is just way too anxious, I know I am. That being said, when you write, and have lived in the community, you should know what kind of reaction you will get, even if it is petty.

Due to the history of coverage of the 2 teams by local media, it's fairly easy to see why the use of that picture would get this reaction.  An above the fold picture of ndsu for an article about UND's game?  Not sure if it's laziness or reinforcement of the Fargo message that there's only one D1 team in ND.

38 minutes ago, Big Green said:

So I'm assuming when they preview the NDSU game vs Cal-Poly they will show a pic from a previous year of UND v. Cal-Poly.  This game should be all about UND not who MVSU has played in the past.  The Herald just pisses me off.

its almost like they don't want any subcribers?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

We're 2.25 days from kickoff in this game. Can't wait.

B U T, same old sh$t in the Heraldo

IMG_20180828_122256156.jpg

Good grief!   For any of us that lived through the absolutely hated rival ....this is disgusting!  What a slap in the face.  If there is a team that I NEVER want to see grace a GF publication of any sort it’s this &$&!?%* team.   Wonder if they would have a pic in the Forum of the Alerus center with a headline of “Fargo dome renovates locker room” ?  What a punch to the gut on game week. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, dmksioux said:

UND football fans need a game to happen if they’re worked up over a little green and gold in a MVSU file photo

If this is Tom's response, he absolutely doesn't get it. If the opposite was in the Forum today, imagine Bisonville?

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I subcribe to the Herald at my office and when I show up for work and this paper is on the front desk and opened to the sports page, well, I just about cancelled.

Free country - You can be bothered and I am not. We both can be right.

13 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

If you could clearly see it was MVSU and not so clearly see the opponent it'd be one thing, but this photo is quite the opposite. 

I agree, the first thing you see or notice are the NDSU uniforms when you first look at the page and think the heading is regarding NDSU.  Next to nobody would recognize MVSU first thing when seeing that page/picture.  Would have been better off with just a picture from a UND practice or something.   

• Upvote 2