SiouxSports.com Forum

MDtoGF

1 hour ago, UNDColorado said:

Nice write up!

Thanks, gonna try to incorporate more getting to know the opponent type features like this where i can with other schools UND plays non-conference as well. Also maybe doing this for hockey in some capacity to, maybe more! 

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...

MVSU is a joke!  Only a few days out from their first game and apparently they don't have a roster online?  Two deep?  Starting QB named? 

I realize they are a bottom feeder team, but c'mon man this is still a division 1program .  If we don't crush these guys, we have some major issues.

Hawks 48-6! 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Sioux04 said:

Screenshot_20180826-145400_Chrome.jpg

Hard to blame them for thinking this way. You have a bad program, that is trying to find some hope (we've been there). You have a new coach, you are hoping will finally bring some improvements to your team (we've been there). No we are not NDSU, and they are hedging their bets as fans, that us not being NDSU gives them a chance .... it doesn't, but again as fans, they are trying to find some hope for improvement. I don't see that as them slighting UND, and much as a desperate hope that they might get a W this season.

To be fair, without digging into why our season went the way that it did last year, they may only see our record which doesn't make us look good. It also doesn't show the full picture.

All that being said, we should and will smoke them. Would be great to see this game put away really early, so we can watch what some of these young guys and depth players can do. 

21 minutes ago, ND1 said:

MVSU is a joke!  Only a few days out from their first game and apparently they don't have a roster online?  Two deep?  Starting QB named? 

I realize they are a bottom feeder team, but c'mon man this is still a division 1program .  If we don't crush these guys, we have some major issues.

Hawks 48-6! 

Pure gamesmanship. If it helps them catch us off guard, more power to them.

17 hours ago, Sioux04 said:

Screenshot_20180826-145400_Chrome.jpg

I don't think a  school that has 7 wins in the past 5 years combined (5 against NCAA schools) that went 2-9 last year as was outscored 371-61 in their 9 loses is a team we should be too worried about.  Our 3 win team last year would have likely beat them by 35+ last year.  I guess they are hoping that since we were only a 3 win team last year, that they only get beat by something line 49-3 instead of 72-7.