SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota 2018-19 Season

Frozen4sioux

Since it's being talked about Schloss has had many inquiries from NHL and did interview for I believe the Strib job last year when Russo left.

Didn't the Herald send Miller with Schloss to most road trips a couple years ago?

If anyone’s planning on doing the UND @ Canisius College trip, let me know and I can put you in touch with the guy who handles ticket sales. He can hook you up directly, bypassing Ticketmaster and saving you a bunch of dough on fees. Tickets are super cheap! I just got mine for the weekend series. 

19 hours ago, Godsmack said:

If anyone’s planning on doing the UND @ Canisius College trip, let me know and I can put you in touch with the guy who handles ticket sales. He can hook you up directly, bypassing Ticketmaster and saving you a bunch of dough on fees. Tickets are super cheap! I just got mine for the weekend series. 

Looks like you can stay at the hotel next to the arena. 

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, WiSioux said:

By far, my favorite road series of the season....the electricity and intensity in the air at Magness Arena is really high. Pio fans don’t like the sea of green that shows up but I guess my response to that would be, perhaps the Denver community ought to support the DU hockey program a little bit better and get off their couches and get on over to the arena. 

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

By far, my favorite road series of the season....the electricity and intensity in the air at Magness Arena is really high. Pio fans don’t like the sea of green that shows up but I guess my response to that would be, perhaps the Denver community ought to support the DU hockey program a little bit better and get off their couches and get on over to the arena. 

Agreed that they dislike us.  I've been to this series for the past few years and every time I just a little uneasy about it.  You never know what you are going to get with Denver and it is always a hard fought series.  The Denver fans tend to be tolerable but not overly nice.  It is definitely intense.  Just need my friends/coworkers to decide how many actually want to come with.  (oh and if only I knew my days off in Feb... lol)

47 minutes ago, WiSioux said:

Agreed that they dislike us.  I've been to this series for the past few years and every time I just a little uneasy about it.  You never know what you are going to get with Denver and it is always a hard fought series.  The Denver fans tend to be tolerable but not overly nice.  It is definitely intense.  Just need my friends/coworkers to decide how many actually want to come with.  (oh and if only I knew my days off in Feb... lol)

Considering I park my car near the DU campus with CC license plates and a big “North Dakota hockey” sticker, and nothing’s ever happened, they’re not bad fans. Knock on wood...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MDtoGF said:

Hello all, I wrote this evaluating the NHL potential of some UND players this season. Feel free to read and give me some feedback. Happy hockey season! https://seamoresports.com/2018/09/13/nhl-pyramid-und-fighting-hawks-2018-2019/

This is great. Living a long way from GF I really appreciate it and hope to see more. 

Do you or anyone have an opinion on who on this squad has the quickest burst and who is the fastest end to end skater?  How fast over-all is this year’s team? 

GM’s keep saying the game has changed and speed is a priority more than ever. The league gets younger and faster every year. 

Guys like McDavid and Stamkos have sick speed but Brayden Point’s jump wins games as well. Just wondering we will look regarding and speed and acceleration 

18 hours ago, WiSioux said:

DU fans can’t handle sitting by me. They remind me of the stuck up kids in high school who act like they’re better than you. 

*shrugs*

20 hours ago, MDtoGF said:

Hello all, I wrote this evaluating the NHL potential of some UND players this season. Feel free to read and give me some feedback. Happy hockey season! https://seamoresports.com/2018/09/13/nhl-pyramid-und-fighting-hawks-2018-2019/

Reading this I am wondering if the recent lack of scoring reflect the fact that Berry is a defenceman and the program is reflecting a defense first mantra?  Not saying this is a bad thing, just an observation / thought.

37 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

Reading this I am wondering if the recent lack of scoring reflect the fact that Berry is a defenceman and the program is reflecting a defense first mantra?  Not saying this is a bad thing, just an observation / thought.

And Berry's predecessor was a dynamic, gifted, natural-born sniper offensively?  :D

For the record ...

Berry
1983-84    32    2      7      9       8                         
1984-85    40    4    26    30    26                         
1985-86    40    6    29    35    26     

Hakstol
1989-90    44    4    16    20    76                         
1990-91    42    3      9    12    63                         
1991-92    21    3    11    14    52         

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

And Berry's predecessor was a dynamic, gifted, natural-born sniper offensively?  :D

For the record ...

Berry
1983-84    32    2      7      9       8                         
1984-85    40    4    26    30    26                         
1985-86    40    6    29    35    26     

Hakstol
1989-90    44    4    16    20    76                         
1990-91    42    3      9    12    63                         
1991-92    21    3    11    14    52         

very true, perhaps our defensive mindset is more long legged than I surmised,  is it October yet :)

12 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

DU fans can’t handle sitting by me. They remind me of the stuck up kids in high school who act like they’re better than you. 

*shrugs*

I always end up next to the overweight loudmouth who can't stand up without spilling half his beer on me. Just sayin.

1 minute ago, Godsmack said:

https://www.uscho.com/2018/09/16/air-force-grad-demers-fighting-brain-cancer-gofundme-helping-family-with-medical-travel-bills/

Chad Demers is a local kid from Grafton-Park River who went on to have a very successful career at the Air Force Academy. A go fund me page has been set up. 

Sorry-I meant to post this on the Non-UND Hockey thread but I’ll leave this posted here as well as post something over there as well.

https://thehockeywriters.com/ncaa-predictions-nchc/

Sorry to waste everyone’s time reading this but wanted to point out the fallacies and just all-around lack of effort taken in the writers’ “research.” And I don’t say this because of where they’re predicting my two teams-UND and CC-to finish but the factual inaccuracies (i.e., CC not having a 30 point scorer on their roster....hello? Nick Halloran???) or their analysis of UND playing a dump and chase system (yes, they played a slower style last season but that was a function of the team’s lack of skill players and finishers) and their analysis of them versus St. Cloud.

12 hours ago, Godsmack said:

https://thehockeywriters.com/ncaa-predictions-nchc/

Sorry to waste everyone’s time reading this but wanted to point out the fallacies and just all-around lack of effort taken in the writers’ “research.” And I don’t say this because of where they’re predicting my two teams-UND and CC-to finish but the factual inaccuracies (i.e., CC not having a 30 point scorer on their roster....hello? Nick Halloran???) or their analysis of UND playing a dump and chase system (yes, they played a slower style last season but that was a function of the team’s lack of skill players and finishers) and their analysis of them versus St. Cloud.

I would have critiqued it more seriously, but then read the byline.  Author is a student at the University of Arizona.   Say no more. 

• Upvote 1