SiouxSports.com Forum

President Kennedy Candidate for UCF President's Job

fightingsioux4life

29 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Oh look, another GF Herald misrepresentation... 

True. Folks are going to believe what they want to believe. And the paper of record has done a pi$$ poor job getting these things right. But, you know, sensational sells. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

For presidents, 6 months & then 1.5 years, not so good.

Especially when they don't have a NCAA eligibility limit.

Are you counting having an interim president for 6 months as a bad thing? 

16 hours ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

I have been told by a reliable source that his salary would be north of 1 million, plus reasonably attainable incentives that could make it 1.3.

Even if I'm wrong, subtract the 491k from Hitt's salary and look where he's at.

Having said that, my gut says he doesn't get the job.

The previous President made around 500K base salary, but there were bonuses down the road.   

1 hour ago, Mama Sue said:

What time today will this be announced?

According to this article, sometime after 3:00 pm (2:00 pm CT).  

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/features/education/school-zone/os-ucf-president-selection-preview-20180307-story.html

The UCF trustees will meet at 8 a.m. Friday in the FAIRWINDS Alumni Center. A public comment period is scheduled for early in the meeting. Interviews are scheduled to start at 8:45 a.m. and end at 3 p.m., when the trustees will begin discussing the candidates and make their choice.

• Upvote 2

Sent in an email to all of UND:

Statement from UND President Mark Kennedy

I acknowledge the anxiety that my pursuit of the role as President of the University of Central Florida (UCF) caused many in the University of North Dakota Community. As one of the largest and best universities in the nation, UCF represented a rare opportunity which I felt compelled to respond to their invitation to pursue. With UCF making a decision to select another candidate, please know that Debbie and I will continue to work hard for the benefit of UND with the passion for its success and love for the state and its people that we have demonstrated since our arrival. I am committed to working with the UND Team to implement our OneUND Strategic Plan to deliver ever more opportunity for our state and students.

12 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Sure seemed like there were people out there that wanted to tar and feather Kennedy and run him out of town on a rail. 

So basically Kennedy has gotten the same treatment every president at UND has gotten for the past 18+ years.

• Upvote 2

Jealousy abounds by Herald staffers...and some on this board.....Kennedy has a skill set that is in demand...How many of those being critical of him, would not ...explore a position that would increase salary by over 50%....but those same some....may not remotely have skills that would make them 'in demand' on the market....Pettiness abounds.....Usually when an individual is hyper-critical...it masks a personal insecurity....(critique me if you will...but I do have an advanced degree in counseling-none of what you may say will affect my self esteem)....

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, John W. said:

Jealousy abounds by Herald staffers...and some on this board.....Kennedy has a skill set that is in demand...How many of those being critical of him, would not ...explore a position that would increase salary by over 50%....but those same some....may not remotely have skills that would make them 'in demand' on the market....Pettiness abounds.....Usually when an individual is hyper-critical...it masks a personal insecurity....(critique me if you will...but I do have an advanced degree in counseling-none of what you may say will affect my self esteem)....

While I don't disagree, I am curious now.... How would you diagnose your obsession with disparaging a former UND hockey coach?