SiouxSports.com Forum

President Kennedy Candidate for UCF President's Job

fightingsioux4life

7 hours ago, Blackheart said:

The saga continues...

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/4413251-florida-interview-raises-questions-kennedys-future-und

This guy needs to go; he obviously is not focused on UND.

And maybe the news on Friday wouldn't be soon enough?

The last paragraph reminds me of the state legislators in their politics of higher ed, as to how we got here.

"People like President Kennedy, they are tornadoes," Weinstein said, "and it's those of us without resources or political power who have to rebuild when they are gone."

Many of Moser's posts on here also come to mind.

Bringing in Schafer with the knife and Kennedy with the sword = a bleeding UND.

CUT & RUN

11 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

This is sort of backwards thinking here. From what I understand he was contacted by a search committee so he said what the hell and checked it out. So would some of you rather have a president that no other school wants? This shows we have a president that is worth something but according to the article above he has to go because someone else was interested. Makes no sense.

Don't know how your bold fits in, nobody is saying we want a president that nobody else wants.  Pres. Kennedy could of kindly said no thank you and that I just started this job and have much to do. I appreciate the opportunity that UND has given me and I have a job to do here.

vs. CUT & RUN.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Don't know how your bold fits in, nobody is saying we want a president that nobody else wants.  Pres. Kennedy could of kindly said no thank you and that I just started this job and have much to do. I appreciate the opportunity that UND has given me and I have a job to do here.

vs. CUT & RUN.

I understand this thinking, but I also understand that from the individual candidate's standpoint, they are going to consider the most desirable job. Florida vs Grand Forks??? I get it. Probably more money??? I also get it. I'm sure there are other factors as well. 

We'll see what happens. Now if he does not get the UCF job, and this becomes a routine of interview for new positions, then you may have a problem. But I don't really see an issue with a guy keeping his option open like this.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Blackheart said:

The saga continues...

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/4413251-florida-interview-raises-questions-kennedys-future-und

This guy needs to go; he obviously is not focused on UND.

We needed a guy who wanted to finish the job he started; not bolt for greener pastures.  Not everyone agrees, but what % of UND supporters has be pissed off?  >50%?

Just now, gfhockey said:

I was told by the inner circles that some of the chief fundraisers don’t even want him around at events 

His fundraising ability will not work at UND now. This is really a sad event for UND at this time of financial challenges. Looked like so much potential here a year ago?

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

So Dean-O in Fargo is a lame duck too by this logic?

To a point, but more so because of his own set of special circumstances to deal with brought on by himself than him applying for and then "bowing out" of the Ohio job last year. However he seems to have continued on just fine and even managed to get his contract renewed which was no small feat.

3 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Steven Shirley would be best choice. Go re read his bio

proud 5th generation pure bred

who wants to live here for ever 

One of the reasons I hope Kennedy sticks around a couple more years.  I'd like to see Shirley turn Minot around before coming to UND.