SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 UND Recruiting

UNDBIZ

10 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

!@#$, what about that kid ira was pumping?

I would have totally understood Case leaving given the past, but I thought Danny at OC was enough to land him. 

I don't know where the Wilmar kid is going but I watched him live and thought he was good, too.

15 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

I would have totally understood Case leaving given the past, but I thought Danny at OC was enough to land him. 

I don't know where the Wilmar kid is going but I watched him live and thought he was good, too.

Would guess ira has been after the coaches to look at the Wilmar kid a while ago

15 minutes ago, bang said:

Looked like crap in the state title game. Not sure he’s a FCS QB. I only saw him the once but didn’t look good. 

I heard that.  But when you play a co-op of 3 private schools that tends to happen, get your butt kicked.  

4 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

I heard that.  But when you play a co-op of 3 private schools that tends to happen, get your butt kicked.  

Ya I agree and I don’t mean to say he’s not good. He just didn’t look good that day. If he was our only scholarship QB coming in I’d be nervous after watching the game. At this point in the game I’m not sure what’s left out there. 

21 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Kid commits for 5 months (locking up UND's one QB scholarship) and then 3 days before signing day bails for a school he knows absolutely nothing about, a school which is certain to recruit over him yearly.  Sound advice from his coach.

All FBS schools are not clearly better than all FCS schools - I sure hope that this fallacy is not all it came down to. I don't know the whole story here, but obviously it hurts for UND to lose a highly regarded player who plays the most important position. 

8 minutes ago, bang said:

Still a chance Case still comes here. If it’s Texas State he’s thinking of committing to and not Nebraska our chances are as high as 50/50. 

Why would our chances be 50/50? When kids decommit that’s a coffin nail in that school. I honestly can’t think of one example to the contrary.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Why would our chances be 50/50? When kids decommit that’s a coffin nail in that school. I honestly can’t think of one example to the contrary.

Agreed. He wouldn't have gone public if he was still thinking of coming here. 

2 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

It happens for numerous reasons. Remember Idowu backed out for a week on signing day. Usually, when they back out they announce for another school right away. If it’s not a power 5 school I just think our odds are better. Maybe he’s made up his mind and just hasn’t made it public I don’t know? I find it encouraging that he hasn’t announced the other school. 

6 minutes ago, bang said:

It happens for numerous reasons. Remember Idowu backed out for a week on signing day. Usually, when they back out they announce for another school right away. If it’s not a power 5 school I just think our odds are better. Maybe he’s made up his mind and just hasn’t made it public I don’t know? I find it encouraging that he hasn’t announced the other school. 

Man, I will take whatever he’s drinking. 

• Like 2

It looks like Bubba and company still have a lot to learn about the fine art of recruiting.   It's bad enough when we have kids verballing elsewhere instead of here, but to lose a top notch commit the week of signing just sucks beyond belief.   I sure hope Bubba has a plan B and someone is booking airline reservations or planning a road trip tomorrow.     If we have to settle for the Best of the Rest after the early signing date, man I shudder at the thought.    And as I keep preaching, we need to improve on all aspects of recruiting or we''ll always be middle of the pack or worse.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Hawkster said:

And as I keep preaching, we need to improve on all aspects of recruiting or we''ll always be middle of the pack or worse.

No one disagrees with this, but as the coaches seek to get players to come to Grand Forks, ND, the recruits pass through the town that has the team that will have won 6 of the last 7 Nattys. 

As long as that is true, UND is behind the 8 ball and I don't care if Nick Saban is the HC.

15 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

It looks like Bubba and company still have a lot to learn about the fine art of recruiting.   It's bad enough when we have kids verballing elsewhere instead of here, but to lose a top notch commit the week of signing just sucks beyond belief.   I sure hope Bubba has a plan B and someone is booking airline reservations or planning a road trip tomorrow.     If we have to settle for the Best of the Rest after the early signing date, man I shudder at the thought.    And as I keep preaching, we need to improve on all aspects of recruiting or we''ll always be middle of the pack or worse.

What exactly would he need to learn from this happening today?