SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 UND Recruiting

UNDBIZ

23 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

If any player reads a fan forum to make this important of a decision I don’t want them here. That would be beyond stupid.

Really?  How many people post a welcome message to recruits when they commit? Frankly, it doesn't matter if you or I want him here.  This is what kids and their parents do.  If you don't think kids from other parts of the country don't go on social media you are mistaken. That is one of the first ways they find out about a school that contacts them.  They can find this blog and similar blogs from other schools.  When they read fans are demanding a coaching change on our major fan blog then it is a factor.  Once the kid gets here,  you hope they are smart enough to ignore these blogs.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, iramurphy said:

Really?  How many people post a welcome message to recruits when they commit? Frankly, it doesn't matter if you or I want him here.  This is what kids and their parents do.  If you don't think kids from other parts of the country don't go on social media you are mistaken. That is one of the first ways they find out about a school that contacts them.  They can find this blog and similar blogs from other schools.  When they read fans are demanding a coaching change on our major fan blog then it is a factor.  Once the kid gets here,  you hope they are smart enough to ignore these blogs.  

If it made a difference NDSU and Montana wouldn’t field a team. Their boards are 100x more critical.

• Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Not saying, just pointing out we already have a NDHSCA Class AAA First Team All-State QB on the roster ... at WR. 

Why wasn't Pifer given a look at QB? The (admittedly) little I saw of him at South was pretty good. 

Everyone knows that you can't get a quality QB out of North Dakota. When is the last time that has happened???

:glare: :whistling::hypocrite:

If the Texas State rumors are true about Case then the new head coach could be the reason why....

Jake Spavital

- OC and QB coach at WVU where he coached Will Greir (future 1st rounder?) and former Heisman candidate Geno Smith.

- OC and QB coach at Cal where he coached Davis Webb (NYG QB)

- OC and QB coach at Texas A & M where he coached Johny Manzel

Throw in Bobs Stitts offense where you throw the ball 50 times a game and I can see why Case is considering going there.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

How about being excited about getting the kid from Virginia that had many other options rather than dwelling on a kid that evidently doesn't want to come to UND. UND beating out other FCS schools including NDSU and SDSU does not happen very often. Be glad you are getting him and let the Case kid go. Like most on here are saying, when a kid de-commits, they rarely come back. Better he decided now than in the fall. 

It pains me to say this, but you are right. This is the correct view and attitude. 

< leaving to shower > 

• Upvote 2

If a kid commits somewhere, decommits, and then commits somewhere else..........I don't want him. Once you give someone your word, you stick with it. The worst possible FBS school could have offered this kid and he would have taken it because of the FBS label. He has some nice skills, but all in all he isn't the greatest QB prospect I've seen. Not much speed and who knows what Fruend's offense will expect of the QB.

8 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

If a kid commits somewhere, decommits, and then commits somewhere else..........I don't want him. Once you give someone your word, you stick with it. The worst possible FBS school could have offered this kid and he would have taken it because of the FBS label. He has some nice skills, but all in all he isn't the greatest QB prospect I've seen. Not much speed and who knows what Fruend's offense will expect of the QB.

Is that how you felt before he decommitted? 

9 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Is that how you felt before he decommitted? 

It's how I felt.  Liked him as he is very skilled but isn't the second coming of Drew Brees or anything. We were so sick of mediocre QB play that I think fans were trying to make it more than it was.  

Certain that Freund can find another QB very similar.

18 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

It's how I felt.  Liked him as he is very skilled but isn't the second coming of Drew Brees or anything. We were so sick of mediocre QB play that I think fans were trying to make it more than it was.  

Certain that Freund can find another QB very similar.

Whoever we have at qb next year, we need an upgrade from last years performance.

1 minute ago, Ozzie82 said:

nd1su fan is exactly right. It's a bummer to lose the QB they wanted - no reason to bash him now that he's decommitted - but as the 360 guys have correctly pointed out, this class is closing strong. Their last 3 verbals are very good gets.

Let’s tie the bow with three more highly contested verbals.

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Whoever we have at qb next year, we need an upgrade from last years performance.

Exactly 

i would hope that players get bigger, faster, stronger, smarter - in other words better - each year. Same with the coaching!

if this is the case, and the QBs we have are capable, then we will have a better performance from our existing QBs next year. We didn’t lose any as far as I know of.

17 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

How about being excited about getting the kid from Virginia that had many other options rather than dwelling on a kid that evidently doesn't want to come to UND. UND beating out other FCS schools including NDSU and SDSU does not happen very often. Be glad you are getting him and let the Case kid go. Like most on here are saying, when a kid de-commits, they rarely come back. Better he decided now than in the fall. 

True, however I think it’s pretty normal for any fan base to be upset for a day or two upon hearing one of your best prospects that committed has changed his mind. Not necessarily upset at the kid, just upset in general for a day or two, especially given our QB situation the past 5 years. I was pretty damn disappointed when saw that he recommitted but I’m pretty much over it already, it is what it is.