SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 UND Recruiting

UNDBIZ

30 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

No judge of football ability but please NOTE both mentioned academics. Love both and rest my case. Fine young men with leadership on and off the field (?? I assume)!

I like hearing, better than how thrilled a kid is about academics, is being fully committed and junk yard dog crazy about competing and winning football games!!  Hopefully these are the type of players we are getting.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mama Sue said:

No judge of football ability but please NOTE both mentioned academics. Love both and rest my case. Fine young men with leadership on and off the field (?? I assume)!

I appreciate what you're saying, but it appeared to me, reading the Twitter post, that both said the exact same thing. As in, this was a UND fill in the blank, kind of thing. Others have written lengthy thank yous and included the academic angle, but this felt like a cut and paste type of announcement.

Am I wrong?

4 minutes ago, shep said:

I appreciate what you're saying, but it appeared to me, reading the Twitter post, that both said the exact same thing. As in, this was a UND fill in the blank, kind of thing. Others have written lengthy thank yous and included the academic angle, but this felt like a cut and paste type of announcement.

Am I wrong?

Who cares.  Judge them based on their actions, not their words!  Judging a recruit's academic priorities, based on a tweet, is even worse than taking the recruiting star rankings seriously.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, shep said:

Am I wrong?

You use the word exact, I don’t see the exact same post twice.

On 6/27/2018 at 1:52 PM, UND-FB-FAN said:

You want to compare UND football locker room in Memorial versus the UND hockey locker room in the Ralph?

oh boy ...

Talk about night and day

words can't do the difference justice 

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/hockey/3581761-video-renovated-und-hockey-team-area-includes-new-locker-room-and-more

"The renovation is estimated at roughly $3 million, funded by private money from the Engelstad Foundation."

This is what we are recruiting against in Brookings. HPC needs to be finished. Theirs is done, bleachers, offices, therapy pools, weight room, and the new or renovated 19,000 seat outdoor stadium connected to one another. It’s pretty sweet. 

341ABCF1-2EEC-4D80-A9AC-C6DDDA002D88.jpeg

F3A8EEF4-DD8B-4D5E-AC17-3449AD5D64C1.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Parkers Pros said:

This is what we are recruiting against in Brookings. HPC needs to be finished. Theirs is done, bleachers, offices, therapy pools, weight room, and the new or renovated 19,000 seat outdoor stadium connected to one another. It’s pretty sweet. 

341ABCF1-2EEC-4D80-A9AC-C6DDDA002D88.jpeg

F3A8EEF4-DD8B-4D5E-AC17-3449AD5D64C1.jpeg

Holy that is impressive! Certainly better facilities than a few FBS schools. 

17 minutes ago, northernraider said:

Holy that is impressive! Certainly better facilities than a few FBS schools. 

Their HPC is mich lighter inside thanks to tons of natural lighting. We dropped the ball on that. I’ve heard the budget was tighter than piano wire but still, gotta be able to figure that out.

9 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Riviere is a big get. Gopherhole has him as the 13th rated prospect in Minnesota and he had interest from some big schools along with his offers from EMU and Air Force. Not to mention he's a legacy kid.

Need a recruit like this to help recruit other Twin City recruits to campus.  Very solid early signing. 

6 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

You use the word exact, I don’t see the exact same post twice.

Can't find it now, but it appeared to be the same Tweets but from UND Recruiting and may not have been each of the players' own.