SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Gophers - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Jones is the best center on the team.  How Ohio State let him go.....

I read somewhere that he didn't play Center at OSU. Not until Penticton...good move apparently!

Great performance this weekend. Gophers were actually better tonight than last, but our guys buried their chances. Awesome to see a doughnut for the vaunted UofM power play.

Another solid performance from the Sioux tonight. Reffing was pretty suspect tonight. I thought the major call on Minnesota was pretty weak should've just been a crosscheck. Way too many times we have had a 5:00 powerplay turn into momentum for the other team so very happy to see the guys cash in on opportunity they were given.

Great weekend of hockey! This team certainly has the skill and if we clean it up and develop over the season, should be a serious contender. Would have liked the sweep, but I will take a split against a top ten team with dominant play; and as much as I despise the Gophers, they definitely have some talented players. Hope to see them agains :)

1 minute ago, TRex said:

This sure changes my mood from last night and this afternoon.

that's what's strange about being a fan and not a player.    They probably played better last night--just got some breaks tonight.  Different outcome but there was a lot to feel good about after last night's game. 

2 minutes ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

GPL is in melt down mode. Blaming the refs and we are still cheap. And those that got the midco broadcast were expecting scsu student productions or worse. 

To be fair, we caught a break on the major penalty. Should have been a 2 min cross checking.

Rule 50 - Hitting From Behind

50.1 Hitting From Behind - A player shall not push, charge, cross-check or body check an opponent from behind in open ice.

PENALTY—Minor or major at the discretion of the referee.

Hitting from behind into the side boards, end boards or goal cage is a flagrant violation.

PENALTY—Major and game misconduct or disqualification at the discretion of the referee.

Note: The committee reminds coaches and players that the responsibility remains with the player approaching an opponent along the boards in this rule. While players turning to draw penalties are a concern, the positive change in behavior the committee observed outweighs this issue. Any penalty in relation to this rule along the boards or into the goal cage must be a major penalty and a game misconduct or disqualification.

• Upvote 3