SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Gophers - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

3 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

So.....anyone else besides me attend this weekends games and embarrassed by many of the fans in the crowd cheering “F&#k the Gophers” and “Sioux Forever”?  Very pathetic. 

Yeah, I certainly did that back when I was in college, though as an adult, it would be nice to see the fans get a little more creative. That being said, can't really criticize a group of kids for something that I did myself when I was that age.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

.........can we cut Casey some slack? You all know he'll be playing a wing next to Eichel at this time next year!  :tinfoilhat:

I'm not so sure. If he keeps getting pushed around and hurt at the college level, it might take another year there before moving on. All jokes aside, he has a lot of weight to put on before he can focus on scoring and playing the way he can. If he played in the NHL right now he might get broke in half. Missing a game with a sore back against your biggest rival when you're already the joke of the crowd??? Man, you would've needed to break most kids neck's kids to keep them out of that game. Weak, soft and tentative are not words used to describe NHL players. 

59 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

I'm not so sure. If he keeps getting pushed around and hurt at the college level, it might take another year there before moving on. All jokes aside, he has a lot of weight to put on before he can focus on scoring and playing the way he can. If he played in the NHL right now he might get broke in half. Missing a game with a sore back against your biggest rival when you're already the joke of the crowd??? Man, you would've needed to break most kids neck's kids to keep them out of that game. Weak, soft and tentative are not words used to describe NHL players. 

I'd take him in a heartbeat.

4 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

So.....anyone else besides me attend this weekends games and embarrassed by many of the fans in the crowd cheering “F&#k the Gophers” and “Sioux Forever”?  Very pathetic. 

4 hours ago, SiouxForever said:

It’s common tradition against the Gophers. They’ve been doing it my whole life. Nothing to see here. Move on. 

Common tradition in the last 20 years, maybe.  The student section never yelled stuff like that when I was in school.  And, yes, it is embarrassing.  

4 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

I am with you regarding the "f the Gophers" chant- no class.  We're better than that.

"Sioux Forever" well, I can live with that for now...in a few more years it too shall pass.  This was the first time Minnesota has played the Fighting Hawks at home, so I will let it slide.

Sometimes the word f*ck is needed to truly convey one's feelings and in those cases I find it acceptable......like when one wants to express their feelings towards the f*ck!ng gophers.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Get over it - It was an electric crowd that many schools would kill to have.  College kids are, well, college kids.  As for Sioux forever - suck it up, buttercup.

After seeing Eric Vegoe's tweet of the hit he thinks sent Casey to his safe space. The three UND guys (Olsen, Smith, and Shaw) just standing there looking at him like another Gopher has fallen and faked an injury. Now the funny thing, looking at the screen shots of said cross check Smiths stick never went above Casey's waist.  

12 minutes ago, cberkas said:

After seeing Eric Vegoe's tweet of the hit he thinks sent Casey to his safe space. The three UND guys (Olsen, Smith, and Shaw) just standing there looking at him like another Gopher has fallen and faked an injury. Now the funny thing, looking at the screen shots of said cross check Smiths stick never went above Casey's waist.  

The replies after that tweet are hilarious! I seen a gopher punch Bast I believe in the face mask after the whistle, right behind Cam after the whistle.  Also when that dipsh*t tried to fight Gersich after the whistle and Gersich responded with nothing and still got sent to the box. Someone should attach those snippets to this idiots tweet and hear his explanation for the almighty clean team like the goofers!

1 hour ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I think you missed the point of his post. He was talking about how Casey might have a lotta work left physically to make the NHL to have any sort of longevity.

Of course you'd love to have someone with his skill on your team.

Fair point.  

20 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

The replies after that tweet are hilarious! I seen a gopher punch Bast I believe in the face mask after the whistle, right behind Cam after the whistle.  Also when that dipsh*t tried to fight Gersich after the whistle and Gersich responded with nothing and still got sent to the box. Someone should attach those snippets to this idiots tweet and hear his explanation for the almighty clean team like the goofers!

If the Horn got ran into and didn't flop he would have thrown punches like Cam did. I believe that tDon kept Casey out of Saturdays game not because of an injury.

Casey will play against Clarkson.

2 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I think you missed the point of his post. He was talking about how Casey might have a lotta work left physically to make the NHL to have any sort of longevity.

Of course you'd love to have someone with his skill on your team.

Agree.  Watching BUF/DET right now. Casey has zero chance to be playing in the NHL a year from now unless he has some serious physical growth/maturity.......or he 'roids up!!!

3 hours ago, burd said:

I'd take him in a heartbeat.

I'd take him In a heart beat after 2 college seasons. Put on some LBs, some muscle, some physical confidence and then he'll be able to fully concentrate on the things he does very well.

I'm guessing he won't be very effective in a lot of the more physical games this season. Teams might figure that out and capitalize on it which could snowball on him. The BIG TEN might be the right place for him to not have as many of those types of series.

2 hours ago, bigskyvikes said:

The dipsh*t Ryan Lindgren was literally quoted at their media availability prior to the games as saying it’s his job to start sh*t like that (I’m paraphrasing) and this Vegoe dude has the audacity to whine about OUR after the whistle stuff? That’s rich lol. 

25 minutes ago, mujack said:

what are the chances that luciapet kept CM out Saturday so we don't get to familiar with his style for when we see them in a regional... 

What's his style exactly?  Take a hit and then sit out the next game?:D

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Maybe he wasn't given a choice by tDon.