SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Gophers - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

38 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

I really wish they’d start actually watching hockey games before posting nonsense... 

Love how this dude posted stills of the "attack". 

If you look closely at the Vegoe images, you will see Mittelstadts head go back and to the left....back and to the left....and then he falls down suddenly.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Common tradition in the last 20 years, maybe.  The student section never yelled stuff like that when I was in school.  And, yes, it is embarrassing.  

I guess I just don't understand why it's embarrassing. Why does this embarrass you? You're not the one doing it. 

15 hours ago, cberkas said:

After seeing Eric Vegoe's tweet of the hit he thinks sent Casey to his safe space. The three UND guys (Olsen, Smith, and Shaw) just standing there looking at him like another Gopher has fallen and faked an injury. Now the funny thing, looking at the screen shots of said cross check Smiths stick never went above Casey's waist.  

42 minutes ago, chicofelipe said:

Maybe he wasn't given a choice by tDon.

This! I'm honestly not sure he was actually injured. I think Lucia was protecting him from the atmosphere and another potential big hit. I have no proof of this, just a hunch. I just don't recall him taking a hit or bump that could cause an injury. Thoughts?

3 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

Love how this dude posted stills of the "attack". 

If you look closely at the Vegoe images, you will see Mittelstadts head go back and to the left....back and to the left....and then he falls down suddenly.

Sounds like Seinfeld did a whole thing on this once.

13 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

This! I'm honestly not sure he was actually injured. I think Lucia was protecting him from the atmosphere and another potential big hit. I have no proof of this, just a hunch. I just don't recall him taking a hit or bump that could cause an injury. Thoughts?

Lucia even said Casey wanted to play. So we can read into that and make our own conclusions. If he was okay to finish Friday’s game, was it really that bad in the first place? 

34 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Lucia even said Casey wanted to play. So we can read into that and make our own conclusions. If he was okay to finish Friday’s game, was it really that bad in the first place? 

Ugh, I can't stand this guy. I honestly don't wish ill will on Mittelstadt whatsoever, but man, I hope he gets run against Clarkson so Lucia can see how stupid he is. It's frickin hockey. All he's doing for Casey is hampering his potential by holding him out of big time games in big time atmospheres. Kid hasn't faced that kind of atmosphere anywhere in his hockey career. Lucia is doing nothing but helping him stay mentally soft.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

There were indications that Sheehy wasn't going to play the series. During the Friday pregame, they said that Lucia asked Sheehy how he felt. Sheehy said he wanted to play. He played both games. There's nothing suspicious about Lucia taking precautions with one of his most talented first-year players very early in the season. Maybe if he was an upperclassman that would be different.

34 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I guess I just don't understand why it's embarrassing. Why does this embarrass you? You're not the one doing it. 

Cause it reflects on UND as a whole. Nobody says Joe Blow is obnoxious, they say UND fans are obnoxious. 

17 minutes ago, SiouxTupa said:

There were indications that Sheehy wasn't going to play the series. During the Friday pregame, they said that Lucia asked Sheehy how he felt. Sheehy said he wanted to play. He played both games. There's nothing suspicious about Lucia taking precautions with one of his most talented first-year players very early in the season. Maybe if he was an upperclassman that would be different.

Nothing suspicious, I just think it's the wrong call and does nothing for Casey's growth as a player and frankly, as a human.

20 minutes ago, NDinCO said:

Cause it reflects on UND as a whole. Nobody says Joe Blow is obnoxious, they say UND fans are obnoxious. 

I guess I don't get offended by that and it doesn't embarrass me in the slightest. So be it. I'm a Yankees fan and have been to games in Boston wearing Yankees gear. I've heard worse than "F*ck the Gophers" from 9 year old girls and I'm not even remotely kidding.

UND has forever been known as many things in the hockey world... "goons", rowdy fans and national titles... just embrace the villian role :) 

Stopping a "F*ck the Gophers" chat during one of the most heated rivalries in sports isn't going to change anything. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, bigskyvikes said:

The replies after that tweet are hilarious! I seen a gopher punch Bast I believe in the face mask after the whistle, right behind Cam after the whistle.  Also when that dipsh*t tried to fight Gersich after the whistle and Gersich responded with nothing and still got sent to the box. Someone should attach those snippets to this idiots tweet and hear his explanation for the almighty clean team like the goofers!

Someone was also slashing the heck out of Gersich after Friday's horn.  I'll just assume it was Lindgren.

18 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Yeah, I certainly did that back when I was in college, though as an adult, it would be nice to see the fans get a little more creative. That being said, can't really criticize a group of kids for something that I did myself when I was that age.

I was waiting for some Bull-dogs Re-jects or something of that nature

10 minutes ago, franchise said:

Someone was also slashing the heck out of Gersich after Friday's horn.  I'll just assume it was Lindgren.

Bull-dog Re-jects gives UMD way too much credit and at this point, they are 1(b) to the Gophers 1(a) in my most hated teams list. Maybe Husk-y Re-jects? :D

8 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Nothing suspicious, I just think it's the wrong call and does nothing for Casey's growth as a player and frankly, as a human.

What is suspicious is Don’s continued theme about the goons of North Dakota ruining the game of college hockey?  Is there a better way to push that narrative than to claim they took out your prized player?  I heard him on the radio on Sunday talking about how UND only has a “local” tv contract and they were unwilling to work with anyone in the cities. Of course you heard nothing about FSN already having programming lined up. 

His goal has been to rip into UND and paint the worst possible picture to keep the conspiracy theories going in the cities. It is like a co-worker that thinks the way to promotion is pointing out the flaws of their peers rather than rolling up their sleeves and putting in hard work.   It is a choice...the wrong one...but it is his choice. 

2 minutes ago, TNF said:

What is suspicious is Don’s continued theme about the goons of North Dakota ruining the game of college hockey?  Is there a better way to push that narrative than to claim they took out your prized player?  I heard him on the radio on Sunday talking about how UND only has a “local” tv contract and they were unwilling to work with anyone in the cities. Of course you heard nothing about FSN already having programming lined up. 

His goal has been to rip into UND and paint the worst possible picture to keep the conspiracy theories going in the cities. It is like a co-worker that thinks the way to promotion is pointing out the flaws of their peers rather than rolling up their sleeves and putting in hard work.   It is a choice...the wrong one...but it is his choice. 

Good call. He's showing to be a pretty shameful human being. Gross.

36 minutes ago, franchise said:

Husky and Bulldog rejects was heard multiple times this past weekend (I sit across the aisle from the students)

2 hours ago, NDinCO said:

2 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

UND has forever been known as many things in the hockey world... "goons", rowdy fans and national titles... just embrace the villian role :) 

Stopping a "F*ck the Gophers" chat during one of the most heated rivalries in sports isn't going to change anything. 

So much this... you ever notice how the schools that get attacked the most have the most successful programs. You don't hear anyone saying "Man that AIC has some dipshit fans, and don't even get me started on Alabama Huntsville!'

If you hope to please everyone and want everyone to like our fanbase you're going to be pretty miserable. They take shots at 'being obnoxious' because they need to steer the conversation away from anything that has to do with the actual sport at hand, which is hockey. Kinda like when people say 'there's nothing to do in Grand Forks so that's why they have so many fans'. It's just them lashing out because their team isn't nearly as exciting to follow.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1