SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Minnesota

AZSIOUX

1 hour ago, FGHTNSX Hawkey14 said:

Can anyone see what's wrong with it?

Yeah, I see it....this looks like a picture of the first period of the Minnesota-Penn St game last Friday...except there are probably too many fans in the seats...:D

• Like 2

8 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

$1.50 while I was there.  I believe the building was torn down.

Drinkin for a Lincoln at the Cuckoo's Nest anyone?

I suppose in another ten to fifteen years. We'll be like the old timers talking about the good old days of Cuckoos and DownUnder instead of Spud Bar and Antique....whatever the heck those were. :blink:

3 hours ago, Cratter said:

I suppose in another ten to fifteen years. We'll be like the old timers talking about the good old days of Cuckoos and DownUnder instead of Spud Bar and Antique....whatever the heck those were. :blink:

Or the Riverqueen, McGuires, Up Town, Bronze Booth, Dacotah Motor Hotel - Red Garter Cocktail Lounge, Frontier, Club 81, Matts, Red Barn, Ryan Hotel, Oasis, Office, High Lander, Skipper Kellys, Loft, Frenchys, El Roco, VFW, Belmont Liquors, KCs, Elks, Westward Ho, Johnnys by ball park, Daimond, Legion, Crown Colony, Charlie Browns, Big Daddys, Dennys, Bun Lounge, McMenamy's Tavern, Hub Bar, Peanut Bar, Down and Under, Columbia Liquires, Right Spot, Chets, and of coarse Judys. Have to take a breather before I jump to the east side.

Grand Forks ND

8 hours ago, runaroundsioux said:

I'm more from the Atari 2600 era. Actually Pong was the big thing during my high school days.

I'm only 37 so I grew up with Nintendo. Blades of Steel was the first hockey game I owned as a kid. When their was a fight in that game only the loser went to the penalty box.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

I'm only 37 so I grew up with Nintendo. Blades of Steel was the first hockey game I owned as a kid. When their was a fight in that game only the loser went to the penalty box.

If you have a Wii, you can download the original NES version for a couple bucks and re-live a cherished part of your youth.  For a few minutes anyway, after which you wonder what in the world you were thinking enjoying those crappy games back in the day. :)  And your kids will mock you.

4 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Or the Riverqueen, McGuires, Up Town, Bronze Booth, Dacotah Motor Hotel - Red Garter Cocktail Lounge, Frontier, Club 81, Matts, Red Barn, Ryan Hotel, Oasis, Office, High Lander, Skipper Kellys, Loft, Frenchys, El Roco, VFW, Belmont Liquors, KCs, Elks, Westward Ho, Johnnys by ball park, Daimond, Legion, Crown Colony, Charlie Browns, Big Daddys, Dennys, Bun Lounge, McMenamy's Tavern, Hub Bar, Peanut Bar, Down and Under, Columbia Liquires, Right Spot, Chets, and of coarse Judys. Have to take a breather before I jump to the east side.

Grand Forks ND

well done - and a trip down memory lane. Anybody remember the Level 7 in EGF?

1 hour ago, NDinCO said:

well done - and a trip down memory lane. Anybody remember the Level 7 in EGF?

Hot place in early 70s.  Wasn't there a place in EGF at around that time called the Riverbend which often had two bands playing?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

If you have a Wii, you can download the original NES version for a couple bucks and re-live a cherished part of your youth.  For a few minutes anyway, after which you wonder what in the world you were thinking enjoying those crappy games back in the day. :)  And your kids will mock you.

They already mock me. Just be adding more fuel to the fire. :D