SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Minnesota

AZSIOUX

54 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Side note- I'm 41.  Nothing compares to when the Gophers are in town.  I love to win, but with the Gophers I HATE to lose.

I am 43+ and I feel the same way. So many great games, so many great moments. The rivalry goes beyond the coaches and players to the fan base and even the media on both sides.

47 minutes ago, TNF said:

You mean like this..

In 2016-17 they played a series in Minneapolis

In 2017-18, they’ll play a series in Grand Forks

In 2018-19, they'll play a single game in Las Vegas.

In 2019-20 and 2021-22, they'll play series in Minneapolis. In 2020-21 and 2022-23, they'll play series in Grand Forks.

I'm waiting for this series to end up at the X for a game or two. Minnesota is the home team one night, UND is the home team the next night.

5 minutes ago, Kab said:

Does the big ten network share their broadcast

the pac 12 wouldn’t for our game with utah

midco should charge a lot and share with UND

I don't know why they'd share with UND, since they own the rights, but I absolutely would share their broadcast with FSN and charge a decent amount. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

Side note- I'm 41.  Nothing compares to when the Gophers are in town.  I love to win, but with the Gophers I HATE to lose.

9 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I am 43+ and I feel the same way. So many great games, so many great moments. The rivalry goes beyond the coaches and players to the fan base and even the media on both sides.

5 hours ago, sioux rube said:

As will I. For anyone to say this still isn't our biggest rival is delusional. 

I have gone to the goof games in the Barn (which was Winter Sports Building, 1st 2 years of college), in the Winter Sports Center (which years after I graduated was renamed to Ralph Engelstad Arena), and in the palace the Ralph Engelstad Arena.

There was never another team that matched the Minnesota Gophers rivalry with UND. This crowd this weekend will transform those few in doubt, into believers.

• Upvote 4