SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday vs USD

Nodak78

Just now, SiouxVolley said:

Sour your saying the season is shot?  There's eight games left and still looking forward to the playoffs.

The season isn't over. But this is the kind of game that can sink a FB team. Unless the players use this as motivation to run the table and win the conference again. And since everyone else will write us off after today, we won't have a target on our backs. Some teams might take us lightly.

I'm almost a bit relieved in this result. Our OL isn't there yet. Our LBs are a mess. Without those two groups rock solid, the way we play, we can't succeed. The players and the coaches need a wake up call. A lot of guys need to visit the wizard and get some fucking heart. We aren't ready yet. The potential is there.  We just played our worst game possible. It's only up from here on out.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

I'm almost a bit relieved in this result. Our OL isn't there yet. Our LBs are a mess. Without those two groups rock solid, the way we play, we can't succeed. The players and the coaches need a wake up call. A lot of guys need to visit the wizard and get some fucking heart. We aren't ready yet. The potential is there.  We just played our worst game possible. It's only up from here on out.

After blowing the Richmond game, and now this.....I agree. 

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

It's year 4. The depth excuses are starting to wear thin. Especially at LB, a position we've always been able to recruit. 

It takes more than 4 years to rebuild a program.  It  is not a matter of just a new recruiting class... you have to rebuild a reputation also.  Recruits have to have reason to sign up. 

Sort of an oxymoron.  You need a winning tradition to attract recruits, but you cannot get a winning tradition established until you can consistently recruit quality players.

Its an incremental thing, not just a turnover thing or an instant replacement thing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oldage said:

It takes more than 4 years to rebuild a program.  It  is not a matter of just a new recruiting class... you have to rebuild a reputation also.  Recruits have to have reason to sign up. 

Sort of an oxymoron.  You need a winning tradition to attract recruits, but you cannot get a winning tradition established until you can consistently recruit quality player.

Its an incremental thing, not just a turnover thing or an instant replacement thing. 

THIS! Especially when you consider what Bubba and company inherited. A team that probably couldn't make the Division 3 playoffs.

There is no easy way to build depth. It just takes time. And in our 24/7 instant gratification culture, that isn't soon enough for most of us. Including myself.

7 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

1 minute ago, oldage said:

Sort of an oxymoron.  You need a winning tradition to attract recruits, but you cannot get a winning tradition established until you can consistently recruit quality player.

I don't buy that at all. This is year 4 for Bubba and only year 2 for USD's Nielsen ... 

Today was a failure that went beyond the health of the linebackers. UND only scored seven points! The leadership of UND football (both coaches and players) failed today. That is unacceptable and is the kind of the thing that requires someone to lose their job. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I don't buy that at all. This is year 4 for Bubba and only year 2 for USD's Nielsen ... 

Today was a failure that went beyond the health of the linebackers. UND only scored seven points! The leadership of UND football (both coaches and players) failed today. That is unacceptable and is the kind of the thing that requires someone to lose their job. 

True.  Enough with the excuses.

• Upvote 1