SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday vs USD

Nodak78

19 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I would argue it takes way longer to build the kind of depth you need in a violent game like FB. It took Roger Thomas way longer than 4 years to build enough depth to be conference title and playoff contenders. Another couple of recruiting classes should help fill those voids.

USD Coach Nielsen in his second year at the helm. I'm real concerned about what he'll be doing in his third and fourth season at USD. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, geaux_sioux said:

Even if we average 500 yards/gm after his on offense I'm fine with Rudolph being gone. New qb after this season. No reason to retain him. He's had plenty of time and the excuse of the WRs not being any good doesn't exist anymore. 

Agreed.  Need a new playcaller.  Need a young innovative guy. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i' m sticking with my 8-3 prediction...but we got some work to do with this o-line....

stockwell-inherited from muss?

aplin-undersized and average at best

rooney-undersized and average at best

demon-bottom heavy guy that doesn't move guys he should

cox-average

bell-good size but regressed or something

tobin-too young to judge but should be good 

Bubba is too busy babysitting lost causes in the offseason wasting everyone's time.

Just now, JackJD said:

USD Coach Nielsen in his second year at the helm. I'm real concerned about what he'll be doing in his third and fourth season at USD. 

I think Joe Glenn was in charge for a couple of years before Nielsen took over. I don't think you can put Glenn and Mussman in the same boat.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

That and Bubba needs to think real hard about his OC choice. This is on bubba too.

What should be on Bubba is the absolute lack of discipline showed by the team today.  Not only weren't they assignment sharp, but the stupid penalties, especially early on when we were still in the game, just killed us.  Off sides, delay of game - total crap.  My high school team played with better concentration.  They were not ready to play.  

• Upvote 3

Just now, Irish said:

What should be on Bubba is the absolute lack of discipline showed by the team today.  Not only weren't they assignment sharp, but the stupid penalties, especially early on when we were still in the game, just killed us.  Off sides, delay of game - total crap.  My high school team played with better concentration.  They were not ready to play.  

I don't think he would argue with anything you just said.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Irish said:

Absolutely, this was terrible all around. Just embarrassing. 

• Upvote 1