SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday vs USD

Nodak78

11 minutes ago, mooncountry said:

Chill out. Who'd we beat last year? Last year got everyone's heads alittle too big and while I don't think UND is 38 points worse than USD, I do think this schedule is waaaay more difficult than last years and we have yet to prove the rankings.

"We"

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Not going to sugar coat this one at all.....this loss hurt and in so many ways. I have said for sometime USD is good and expected them to do some damage in the mvfc, but if UND wanted to be taken serious and looked upon as a potential title contender, this is a game they win...or at minimum a close loss. Instead they $&@! the bed. And that's being nice .   USD could of just as well been playing NorthEast Wisconsin st tech.   UND offered no resistance.   I taped this game , definitely will not watch it.  My frustration level currently is at 10!!    

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

USD had Joe Glenn before Nielsen. Glenn stabilized the program and Nielsen has simply built upon that.

UND had Mussman before Bubba. Mussman completely destroyed this program. I am not sure who would win between the 1985 team and the 2013 team.

It takes longer than 4 years to build quality depth in a numbers-oriented sport like FB. Especially when some guys crap out on the team and program (yes Grady, I am talking about you!).

A simple timeline as you describe doesn't work. If that was the case, every program would eventually turn around. Conversely, all top programs would stay on top when they lose their head coach, coaching staff, etc. It's clear that time is not the only factor, obviously. Bottomline is UND didn't get the job done today and that's really a major understatement. It's not a year-by-year plan issue, it's a failure today, this week, and this year issue. What happened today shouldn't happen with an opponent you defeated just the year before. What we saw today was clear regression and failure; to try justify that is pure ignorance, in my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, F'n Hawks said:

Fieldler has dissapointed so far this year. IMO he shouldn't play as much as he is, is it beacause we don't have other TE's that have experience and that he is a senior? 

He's a junior. He had a terrible game today. Everyone did. I can't think of one player who was really good today.

1 hour ago, tnt said:

Overreact much?

A 45 - 7 loss isn't okay. If you think criticizing that type of embarrassment is an overreaction, then you clearly have expectations that don't include accomplishment and respect. That shouldn't be associated with UND football, in my opinion. You have to change something for this to not happen again; expecting this whole disaster to spontaneously resolve would be beyond idiotic. Bubba has to make changes now, obviously. What those changes are remains to be seen: depth chart, schematics, staff positions, etc. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

When the entire UND cheering section is naming our play before it happens, it is not a stretch to assume the opposing defensive coordinator is doing the same.  Given that Santiago is running into 9 in the box on virtually every run, it is not an accident.  The d is struggling with injuries and youth, but the offense has an experienced line, a 4th year starting qb, 3 talented backs (two of whom we don't really use other than on obvious short yardage plays with 10 in the box), and a much improved receiving corps.  A learning curve is expected on defense and they will improve with experience.  Puzzled where we go on offense without a different strategy.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

A 45 - 7 loss isn't okay. If you think criticizing that type of embarrassment is an overreaction, then you clearly have expectations that don't include accomplishment and respect. That shouldn't be associated with UND football, in my opinion. You have to change something for this to not happen again; expecting this whole disaster to spontaneously resolve would be beyond idiotic. Bubba has to make changes now, obviously. What those changes are remains to be seen: depth chart, schematics, staff positions, etc. 

Game plan and prep changes? Yes. Staff changes? A bit premature yet. 

7 minutes ago, Hans8891 said:

When the entire UND cheering section is naming our play before it happens, it is not a stretch to assume the opposing defensive coordinator is doing the same.  Given that Santiago is running into 9 in the box on virtually every run, it is not an accident.  The d is struggling with injuries and youth, but the offense has an experienced line, a 4th year starting qb, 3 talented backs (two of whom we don't really use other than on obvious short yardage plays with 10 in the box), and a much improved receiving corps.  A learning curve is expected on defense and they will improve with experience.  Puzzled where we go on offense without a different strategy.

The line isn't experienced any more. We finished the game from left to right fr fr so jr so

14 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

A simple timeline as you describe doesn't work. If that was the case, every program would eventually turn around. Conversely, all top programs would stay on top when they lose their head coach, coaching staff, etc. It's clear that time is not the only factor, obviously. Bottomline is UND didn't get the job done today and that's really a major understatement. It's not a year-by-year plan issue, it's a failure today, this week, and this year issue. What happened today shouldn't happen with an opponent you defeated just the year before. What we saw today was clear regression and failure; to try justify that is pure ignorance, in my opinion. 

So one bad road loss and you are calling for regime change? You also are calling the year a failure? There are eight games left on the schedule. I am not sugarcoating today, but I am also not going to jump off the ledge over it either.

Just now, mooncountry said:

Nope. I'm calling a program a program regardless of the coach. The football program has a ways to go.

And for the record you defended Mussman's train wrecks just like this one. 

When did I ever defend Mussman's record? I wasn't the first person to call for his firing, but I certainly wasn't happy about what happened to the program under his rule. I even called him out in an epic rant I posted a little over four years ago. That was two weeks before Montana came into Grand Forks and embarrassed us at home. You are really full of crap today. :angry:

30 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

The line isn't experienced any more. We finished the game from left to right fr fr so jr so

Thinking the same thing.  

There injuries to the same positions....just very very unfortunate.  Mentioned it before,  but bubba just turned the corner on quality depth.  This is just unattainable.  

25 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

When are we going to have an experienced O-Line? When are recruits going to stop leaving the team and/or never making it to campus at all? Bubba has been snakebitten when it comes to O-Linemen.