SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday vs USD

Nodak78

2 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

Anyone?! In my opinion, at this level and above, it's ineffective. 

It can be effective if it is setup properly.  Needs to be faked on many plays to be really effective IMO.  It is a way UND could spread out the 7-8 in the box in addition to play action.    Adeotti with his speed could be very effective in this role.  After a couple of big gainers, it changes everything for the defense.

Just now, Midwestern Hawk said:

It can be effective if it is setup properly.  Needs to be faked on many plays to be really effective IMO.  It is a way UND could spread out the 7-8 in the box in addition to play action.    Adeotti with his speed could be very effective in this role.  After a couple of big gainers, it changes everything for the defense.

No, don't you understand? We have to run it up the middle over and over again! Anything else is too risky! (sarcasm) :silly:

• Upvote 1

Just now, Midwestern Hawk said:

I get that. But if you look around the FCS and FBS, can you think of a single good team that runs it (or fakes it) to the extent UND does? Why does UND feel it works so well when others don't? 

9 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

I've watched nearly every NDSU game for more than the last 5-6 years. I realize teams run it, but it seems UND runs it way more often than anyone. 

UND didn't run it that much. Fake it a few times, ran it a couple. That's football man. Get use to it.

7 minutes ago, mooncountry said:

Chill out. Who'd we beat last year? Last year got everyone's heads alittle too big and while I don't think UND is 38 points worse than USD, I do think this schedule is waaaay more difficult than last years and we have yet to prove the rankings.

You make an asinine comment about rebuilding for 10-ish years and you think you won't get push back? :silly: