SiouxSports.com Forum

Injuries

Longtime fan

2 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

So is Noah Larson just red-shirting at this point?  Left off the injury report again.

Good question.  I don't recall him ever being listed on depth chart either. Just reported a couple times he was practicing with first team in fall camp before he got hurt.  Anyone have any info on Larson?  

6 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

So is Noah Larson just red-shirting at this point?  Left off the injury report again.

What's everyone's thoughts on this? I have mixed feelings, I've been in the camp that if he can't go against USD, then RS him. After that debacle though, I'm switching my thought process a little and my decision would rest on 2 things (1) If they beat Montana State this weekend and he would be 100% against Davis (2) Would Rodgers be able to return sometime this year.

We are all aware how big of trouble they are at the ILB position, but if they can't beat Montana State, then I'd say it wouldn't be worth it to burn his RS, when they most likely aren't making the playoffs anyway.

29 minutes ago, AJS said:

What's everyone's thoughts on this? I have mixed feelings, I've been in the camp that if he can't go against USD, then RS him. After that debacle though, I'm switching my thought process a little and my decision would rest on 2 things (1) If they beat Montana State this weekend and he would be 100% against Davis (2) Would Rodgers be able to return sometime this year.

We are all aware how big of trouble they are at the ILB position, but if they can't beat Montana State, then I'd say it wouldn't be worth it to burn his RS, when they most likely aren't making the playoffs anyway.

I believe that's the plan with him.  

1 hour ago, AJS said:

If we have 3 loses or less and he is 100% healthy I think he needs to play.  If nothing else it would be nice for him to get 1/2 season under his belt before next season.  We can worry about 4 year from now at that time.  Hopefully we have much better depth at LB.

9 minutes ago, Big Green said:

If we have 3 loses or less and he is 100% healthy I think he needs to play.  If nothing else it would be nice for him to get 1/2 season under his belt before next season.  We can worry about 4 year from now at that time.  Hopefully we have much better depth at LB.

Part of the decision for me would be if Schmidt feels like it is a big enough upgrade from Rastas/Neverman/Richman and/or gives him more flexibility to move Disterhaupt around a little bit.   If Schmidt feels like that, then there is a lot of season left and then there is also still a redshirt left in case there would be an injury in the future.

53 minutes ago, moser53 said:

Drew  Greeley 6'3 250 and Brandon Dranka 6'2 240 are seniors. Your last shot at the playoffs. Could one of these guys be the answer to the lack of bulk at the inside linebacker position? Worked out for Kyle Enanual X Bison.

It's not that simple. Physically yes, they are large enough and that size would be beneficial. However, the ILB has all sorts of reads, adjustments, and sometimes plain old instincts that are necessary to be successful.

On 9/18/2017 at 3:12 PM, Longtime fan said:

haven't heard what kind of injury or to what extent they will miss but add: 

OT- stockwell- possibly the best OL and has many starts under his belt. 

CB- holm- fastest guy on the team and was coming on strong in the coverage dept   

*this has been just a brutal year that has targeted certain positions. How many guys are left in the next man up bullpen!? 

New additions: 

S- Cole- sen-  good lord the football gods hate UND this year 

fiedler- TE- starting TE 

Are Rodgers / Hunt the two most important players that are hurt (not counting Larson who's RS)? Basically, the rest of the defense could be healthy, but ultimately, it wouldn't really matter, because UND is so weak up the middle. That's the feeling I have right now.

3 minutes ago, AJS said:

Are Rodgers / Hunt the two most important players that are hurt (not counting Larson who's RS)? Basically, the rest of the defense could be healthy, but ultimately, it wouldn't really matter, because UND is so weak up the middle. That's the feeling I have right now.

Does anyone have any idea on the status of those three?  I watched rastas give great effort on Saturday but he literally just is not big enough yet for the middle.

web2.jpg.ashx?preset=medium.storyimage

This image on MSU bobcats football site.  Pancake on the goal line.

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 10:19 AM, Westside said:

Don't know the extent of the Reyes injury, but UNDfootball360 seemed to think Reyes was being held out yesterday for precautionary reasons. We'll see this week. 

He came out with his arm dangling and iced his elbow for a series or two, returned for one series (I think it was just one), then next appeared without shoulder pads. 

We sit right behind the defensive bench, so have a good of view of these things.  Unfortunately, they don't tell us what that view means...

On 9/23/2017 at 8:47 PM, Midwestern Hawk said:

Luke Fiedler significant upper body injury today too

And did you know that he also has pneumonia which already began at the Utah game?

Doesn't the Dr. report this stuff to the coach? Reason I ask is because he was not listed on the injury list. He is out now for 3 weeks. Surprised he played at all Sat.

Edited by Finn flick
Wrote begin instead of began