SiouxSports.com Forum

Injuries

Longtime fan

44 minutes ago, Siouxfan69 said:

Why wasn't Nate Ketteringham, the quarterback transfer from Sac St, started.  At least he has 2 years of experierance .  Are they trying to keep him eligible for 2 more years or what?

Has to sit out the season... transfer rule

Apparently the injuries are not stopping. 7 games down / 4 to go. One would think, there has to be some kind of a common denominator here, outside of bad luck? 

Injuries pretty much happen to every FB team, but not to this magnitude. I know there has been all kinds of studies on injuries and how they happen, but could it be a mental thing?

Could a team be more prone to injury with some player's depressions? Little lack of concentration, stress?

3 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

I hadn't officially seen or heard that Reyes was out for the year but it appears that is the case.  Sorry if this is old news.

DMR3w7MW4AIDEo7.jpg

That is our 4 best DBs (nothing against Chuck Flowers as he has played well lately) and our two best LBs.  

59 minutes ago, homer said:

That is our 4 best DBs (nothing against Chuck Flowers as he has played well lately) and our two best LBs.  

And that doesn't even count Connor O'Brien. Or Noah Larson, who is obviously unproven but would have played had he been healthy.

21 hours ago, homer said:

Yeah and if you add Larson and O'Brien our 4 best DB's and 4 best ILB's, that would be pretty devastating to almost any defense! 

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

How is recovery on an achilles tear?  Can we expect Harris to come back 100% or is he likely to lose a step?

I was curious so I searched it and google says 6 months to full movement. I have to imagine full movement means walking and jogging and not cutting and sprinting.

11 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

How is recovery on an achilles tear?  Can we expect Harris to come back 100% or is he likely to lose a step?

I read something about the NFL some time ago.  About 1/3 retire, and of the 2/3 that return productivity is down.  Just one study, but it isn't too positive.

However, Harris is younger than the average NFL guy and for his height doesn't carry a lot of weight.