SiouxSports.com Forum

Injuries

Longtime fan

59 minutes ago, shep said:

Larson's RS will not be pulled according to, was it Miller?

I must have missed that.  When was article?  Under the circumstances do you think that is still the case?  If they think he can make a difference, I think I might pull it.  Probably depends on Cam Hunt too.

2 hours ago, 77iceman said:

210lb safety/receiver that ends up at inside linebacker....what did they expect!  I feel bad for the kid.  He's done everything ever asked of him and he spends his senior year like this.

That is a bummer for Disterhaupt,  hopefully nothing more serious.  So will our starting ilb for awhile be 2 walkons?  Rastas and corby?

I'm going to find a nice cold beer or two before the game on Saturday. I shall find another one inside, then find my seat and I will find something to

STAND UP AND CHEER about at the game.

If nothing else, we get to scout the 2018 Hawks team and see which players have the most potential without chastizing them for not having it now.

• Upvote 3

55 minutes ago, shep said:

I'm going to find a nice cold beer or two before the game on Saturday. I shall find another one inside, then find my seat and I will find something to

If nothing else, we get to scout the 2018 Hawks team and see which players have the most potential without chastizing them for not having it now.

A few of us came to that conclusion / solution as well.  A few beers, a couple of sacks, a few long td runs and just enjoy the season.

1 hour ago, shep said:

Did it in the Mussman era I can certainly do it now. Go Hawks!!

Seems like most here see 2017 as a lost year, may play out differently, but that seems to be the tone here.

That said, looking ahead to 2018, what are the major losses to graduation and what will the projected two deep look like? Is 2018 a rebuilding year or is there an opportunity to make a run?

12 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Seems like most here see 2017 as a lost year, may play out differently, but that seems to be the tone here.

That said, looking ahead to 2018, what are the major losses to graduation and what will the projected two deep look like? Is 2018 a rebuilding year or is there an opportunity to make a run?

Lose Reyes, Studsrud, Disterhaupt, Stockwell, Mercer, Flowers, Dranka, Bell, Greely, Schmitz and Dussold.  Reyes and Studsrud will be toughest to replace IMO.  If the team is not decimated again by injuries should be a far better team than we had going into Utah.

4 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Lose Reyes, Studsrud, Disterhaupt, Stockwell, Mercer, Flowers, Dranka, Bell, Greely, Schmitz and Dussold.  Reyes and Studsrud will be toughest to replace IMO.  If the team is not decimated again by injuries should be a far better team than we had going into Utah.

Is Harris expected to return? 

12 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I'd like to think guys are getting important reps now but it also depends on how a few come back from injury.  

I will say this is one year I think a JUCO/transfer will be needed at a couple positions and if a run is expected we can't miss on those players.  

Also, we replace the QB which at any level is the most important position on the team.  I've heard the best QB on our roster isn't eligible this year but time will tell if that's true.