SiouxSports.com Forum

Injuries

Longtime fan

Can anyone else recall a season where we had a lot of injuries to starters at the same time. I remember years of a starter getting hurt here and there and one gets hurt early in the season then when he comes back another one gets hurt down the road, but never the large amount we have out at the same time. 

On 10/4/2017 at 1:06 PM, Midwestern Hawk said:

What does that mean?  You know something?

Maybe he's saying that if you don't have the players necessary to execute Bubba Ball, then you hold off on Bubba Ball until you get the players.  I think someone mentions Bubba's inflexibility somewhere in here.   

I mean, hell, I want to go skydiving but probably won't until I find a parachute.

42 minutes ago, TX Bison said:

Maybe he's saying that if you don't have the players necessary to execute Bubba Ball, then you hold off on Bubba Ball until you get the players.  I think someone mentions Bubba's inflexibility somewhere in here.   

I mean, hell, I want to go skydiving but probably won't until I find a parachute.

Your parachute is over at bisonville.  please go get and jump.

3 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

If we could just get a couple more guys back for this weekend, and then continue the same for the next few weeks.

And the next few weeks after that.

That's how many injuries are out there.

2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Holm is listed as a starter this week. That is huge. 

That's huge.   I just hope he's fully recovered and not just being pressed into service out of desperation and he gets re injured.   That would be our luck.

2 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Holm started, but got hurt early and went out and was out the rest of the game.  Not sure of his status.  Hunt got hurt but came back.  Can't remember if there were others.

According to undfootball360 tweet, Bubba indicates it's likely season ending.

On 10/12/2017 at 9:09 PM, TRex said:

That's huge.   I just hope he's fully recovered and not just being pressed into service out of desperation and he gets re injured.   That would be our luck.

3 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Then they brought him back too soon. The contact to his knee that knocked him out wasn't much of anything.

This was my big fear and unfortunately I was right.