SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Miami - FRIDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

10 minutes ago, crb1 said:

I am no coach but I don't agree with that decision.  This may be the first season in a long time UND goes on the road for Conference playoffs. 

Really?  I was blasted for bringing up the MSU series last week while everyone else on here was ordering their 2017 NCAA Champs t-shirts!  :lol:

What a head-scratcher tonight!

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, crb1 said:

I sure hope your right. However it is becoming more common place this year. One step forward two steps back. 

So, if win our next four then lose the fifth, is that one forward, two back, again?

If we lose tomorrow, I'll be a lot more concerned. One bad performance, albeit a terrible loss, is still just one loss.

Win tomorrow. Get the split and at worst, we're where we were when the weekend started.

• Upvote 2

Haven't seen forwards getting behind the d and alone on the goalie for years.  Not just on the goals,  but countless other times when saves were made.  Not sure why the collective collapse,  but it started with about 8 minutes left in the second. 

• Upvote 1

The goalie change was a smart idea, put Tomek in and see if this fires up the team. Well the guys didn't get fired up, let's face it there has been time this season where Berry need to do this an didn't.

I'd like to see the guys stop with the stick checks, poke check, and fly-by stick check and just lay the body into the player. If one of the D-men hits the Miami guy on the second goal he wouldn't have scored. 

40 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Thought this team had turned a corner with the Union game, last weekend at Omaha, and then the first half of the game tonight. Instead they decide to put no effort or energy into the 2nd half of the game and end up with another bad loss to a bad team at home just like Michigan State and Western Michigan. I know Tomek hasn't played and I'm sure he was nervous but I think we saw why Johnson has started so many games in a row and will continue to do so with the 2nd goal Tomek gave up. The Poganski penalty that put the nail in the coffin was a very weak call. Wolanin and Johnson have got to better defensively or they can't be on the ice. Have seen those 2 beat way too much with guys just getting behind them and giving up an odd man scoring chance. This team needs to respond tomorrow and respond in a big way.

"North Dakota is like a box of chocolates....you never know what you're going to get"     Forrest Gump

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, sprig said:

Haven't seen forwards getting behind the d and alone on the goalie for years.  Not just on the goals,  but countless other times when saves were made.  Not sure why the collective collapse,  but it started with about 8 minutes left in the second. 

Agreed.  Neutral zone play into our end was terrible.  Can't let a team get going with speed like that with quick transition plays.  Get the puck deep and make them go 200 feet.  

The 4th goal was the icing on the cake.  And numbers 22, 24, and 5 won't like what they see on the film tomorrow.  

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, burd said:

I agree.   Of all the ways Berry could have gotten Tomek in a game, that was not the time, IMO.  

Wasn't about Tomek. It was about trying to get the rest of the guys to wake up and kick it into gear. Had UND still had their TO, they would have taken that and Tomek may not have seen the ice. First goal he let in wasn't his fault. Second was a little soft. BUT Tomek was cold, and UND D and O was falling apart. Goehrig will settle him down. Shoot, maybe you even give Tomek the start tomorrow. I don't think the goalie will be the difference in tomorrows game ... Defense needs to play MUCH better. Forward need to backcheck better. Credit to Miami for their comeback. They play a terrific 3rd, and their goalie kept them in it, when UND could have stuck the dagger in.

Poor team effort tonight. The sloppy D that was mentioned in Omaha, cost us tonight. Some bad turnovers, and just letting Miami reel down the slot. One of the ugliest period of hockey I've seen in A LONG TIME!!!

11 minutes ago, cberkas said:

The goalie change was a smart idea, put Tomek in and see if this fires up the team. Well the guys didn't get fired up, let's face it there has been time this season where Berry need to do this an didn't.

I'd like to see the guys stop with the stick checks, poke check, and fly-by stick check and just lay the body into the player. If one of the D-men hits the Miami guy on the second goal he wouldn't have scored. 

Exactly, there was too much flailing around trying to be cute rather than laying the body into the player.

34 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

This wasn't a matter of a bad period, it was a continuation of the inconsistency that has defined this team this year. A win tomorrow will help but they need to win the games they are expected to win or the playoffs on the road are a real possibility.

With the way they have been playing at home is that a bad thing?

2 hours ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

This wasn't a matter of a bad period, it was a continuation of the inconsistency that has defined this team this year. A win tomorrow will help but they need to win the games they are expected to win or the playoffs on the road are a real possibility.

They play better on the road

7 hours ago, bigskyvikes said:

Lol, there's oxbow giving up on the season....again. Surprise surprise.

Hardly........but here are some facts after last night's loss: UND dropped from 7 to 10 in the Pairwise. UND also had their 82 game streak of not losing a game when leading after 2 periods come to an end. (77-0-5)

Now to make everyone feel better in this thread please feel free to post another picture of your little cute dog in a referee shirt again or any other garment he/she wears.........I always love those.

• Upvote 1