SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Miami - FRIDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Hardly........but here are some facts after last night's loss: UND dropped from 7 to 10 in the Pairwise. UND also had their 82 game streak of not losing a game when leading after 2 periods come to an end. (77-0-5)

Now to make everyone feel better in this thread please feel free to post another picture of your little cute dog in a referee shirt again or any other garment he/she wears.........I always love those.

Not sure what your problem is,

7 to 10 is a LITTLE troubling.

82 game streak??? What does this do to them besides give less bragging rights to fans?

I posted a pic of my dog to respond to the pic of a dog right before that! 

Now why don't you drum up some smart ass comment and drop a ....... witty "Carry on" so we can all chuckle at your great come back! 

Again....Every time they lose one game your world ends! Hopefully that undefeated season comes someday so you can be satisfied! Wonder what Miami is thinking in their position? Bet they are playing to make the tournament, how do the two teams compare as far as pairwise?

8 hours ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

This wasn't a matter of a bad period, it was a continuation of the inconsistency that has defined this team this year. A win tomorrow will help but they need to win the games they are expected to win or the playoffs on the road are a real possibility.

I agree, this is a realistic concern. Just remember though our concerns after the frozen faceoff last season. Hiccups happen...Yet last season finished pretty dam good.

2 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

The thing that is really upsetting about this loss is both UMD and Denver loss! What a missed opportunity!

"Pump the brakes"......... it's just one game. Right??? Giving up on the Penrose already?

BTW........ Miami is at #20 in Pairwise

5 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

"Pump the brakes"......... it's just one game. Right??? Giving up on the Penrose already?

BTW........ Miami is at #20 in Pairwise

After this loss, worrying about winning the Penrose is a legit concern! 

After this one loss and worrying about "making the tournament" is......well???

Thank you for the pairwise info....They are 20 and I bet they plan to make it. Sioux are 10 and their fan base is falling apart. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

After this loss, worrying about winning the Penrose is a legit concern! 

After this one loss and worrying about "making the tournament" is......well???

To the bigger issue we agree on your last point.

That's the big picture. Were you at the last regional in Fargo? No team will want to play UND there.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, sprig said:

Haven't seen forwards getting behind the d and alone on the goalie for years.  Not just on the goals,  but countless other times when saves were made.  Not sure why the collective collapse,  but it started with about 8 minutes left in the second. 

Wolanin, wolanin, wolanin wolanin. Honestly they should change him to forward...that's obviously what he wants to do and has some success at. He is NOT a good closer or good defender in any aspect. I've seen it every game this season. I honestly didn't see him win a Miami attack once all night. Which is a battle D-men win 85-90% of the time (forcing them to dump in or forcing them behind the net with the puck count as wins in my book). Too weak, too impatient and too offensive minded. He's my player to pick on this year and he makes it way too easy. Going -3 last night when you score and have an apple? WOW. I'd bench him after a performance like that to make him think about his play a little bit. I thought johnson was actually the anchor on their pair. At least he stays home and makes the little plays. I hate flashy defenseman, especially if they can't back it up doing the grinder work in their own zone. 

3 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

To the bigger issue we agree on your last point.

That's the big picture. Were you at the last regional in Fargo? No team will want to play UND there.

I'm glad to see you back away from the edge a bit...

I'm with you on Fargo, but that's my point. Unless they pull an Omaha from here out, why all the creeping towards the edge?

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, fsioux said:

Maybe it was just me but it appeared that Casey Johnson and Wolanin were the 2 defensemen out there that had the most issues letting Miami skate in.

Not just you, I just spewed about wolanin. He was -3 despite getting a goal and apple. That says it all! He's only got quick feet and fast hands on offense. 

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Hardly........but here are some facts after last night's loss: UND dropped from 7 to 10 in the Pairwise. UND also had their 82 game streak of not losing a game when leading after 2 periods come to an end. (77-0-5)

Now to make everyone feel better in this thread please feel free to post another picture of your little cute dog in a referee shirt again or any other garment he/she wears.........I always love those.

Well, since you made the request, here is my little fur baby:

Destiny Picture (2).jpg

Nicest cat you'll ever meet and has gotten me through some tough times over the past three years or so.

Now, back to mandatory convulsing over last night! :)

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Wolanin, wolanin, wolanin wolanin. Honestly they should change him to forward...that's obviously what he wants to do and has some success at. He is NOT a good closer or good defender in any aspect. I've seen it every game this season. I honestly didn't see him win a Miami attack once all night. Which is a battle D-men win 85-90% of the time (forcing them to dump in or forcing them behind the net with the puck count as wins in my book). Too weak, too impatient and too offensive minded. He's my player to pick on this year and he makes it way too easy. Going -3 last night when you score and have an apple? WOW. I'd bench him after a performance like that to make him think about his play a little bit. I thought johnson was actually the anchor on their pair. At least he stays home and makes the little plays. I hate flashy defenseman, especially if they can't back it up doing the grinder work in their own zone. 

Yikes...-3 with an even strength goal means he was out for 4 even strength Miami goals against??

i can't find the full box anywhere, but that means best case (assuming he was out for the first goal) is that he was on the ice for 3 of the 5 goals in the third, worst case he was out for all 4 even strength third period goals against...

how many shifts does the bottom pair get in a period?  Five?

8 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Yikes...-3 with an even strength goal means he was out for 4 even strength Miami goals against??

i can't find the full box anywhere, but that means best case (assuming he was out for the first goal) is that he was on the ice for 3 of the 5 goals in the third, worst case he was out for all 4 even strength third period goals against...

how many shifts does the bottom pair get in a period?  Five?

Only took him seconds on each shift to whiff on a check and give up a good chance.  Course all were stick check attempts where he could have put the Miami forward on his keester instead. 

He needs to be replaced by a freshman,  or figure it out quickly. He was much better defensively last year. 

Wolanin is such a skilled kid, but zero edge on the blue line.  If he played with Poolman's edge and physicality he'd be the best d man on the team.

Last night on the power play he brought the puck out of our zone with speed and could have dumped it in and been the first man on the puck.  Instead he pulls a figure skate 180, turns his back towards Miami about five feet from the blue line and then drops the puck to the trail guy who has nowhere to go because Miami now has a wall set up on the blue line.

Tough to sit him tonight, because they need his offense. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, OgieOgilthorpe said:

He was on the penalty kill with tucker when Miami scored during the 5min. 

Didn't see that one.  Left when they were discussing whether it would be a 5. Can't remember ever leaving a game early,  but I stayed much  longer than the team did