SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Miami - FRIDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

1 minute ago, burd said:

Feel bad for Tomek, though.  He needs some confidence, and he got thrown into a bad situation. . 

I am no coach but I don't agree with that decision.  This may be the first season in a long time UND goes on the road for Conference playoffs. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Thought this team had turned a corner with the Union game, last weekend at Omaha, and then the first half of the game tonight. Instead they decide to put no effort or energy into the 2nd half of the game and end up with another bad loss to a bad team at home just like Michigan State and Western Michigan. I know Tomek hasn't played and I'm sure he was nervous but I think we saw why Johnson has started so many games in a row and will continue to do so with the 2nd goal Tomek gave up. The Poganski penalty that put the nail in the coffin was a very weak call. Wolanin and Johnson have got to better defensively or they can't be on the ice. Have seen those 2 beat way too much with guys just getting behind them and giving up an odd man scoring chance. This team needs to respond tomorrow and respond in a big way.

Tomek came in completely cold.  And was probably in just as much shock as everyone else. Second, that was a bomb and he may have been screeened.  He may want that one back but what a terrible post.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Every forward and defenseman deserve the blame for that 3rd period.

Gage looked slow toward the end, but this isn't the first time I've seen him look slow. Not sure why he looks slow but he does.

Wolanin has his moments where he's very good then he's very bad.

They had the game going their way for 40 then an entire different team showed up in the third.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, crb1 said:

I am no coach but I don't agree with that decision.  This may be the first season in a long time UND goes on the road for Conference playoffs. 

I agree.   Of all the ways Berry could have gotten Tomek in a game, that was not the time, IMO.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Thought this team had turned a corner with the Union game, last weekend at Omaha, and then the first half of the game tonight. Instead they decide to put no effort or energy into the 2nd half of the game and end up with another bad loss to a bad team at home just like Michigan State and Western Michigan. I know Tomek hasn't played and I'm sure he was nervous but I think we saw why Johnson has started so many games in a row and will continue to do so with the 2nd goal Tomek gave up. The Poganski penalty that put the nail in the coffin was a very weak call. Wolanin and Johnson have got to better defensively or they can't be on the ice. Have seen those 2 beat way too much with guys just getting behind them and giving up an odd man scoring chance. This team needs to respond tomorrow and respond in a big way.

Wolanin is just brutal, but it seemed like every time I looked he was on the ice.  We seem to have a few guys who still don't know what to do at this level.

• Upvote 2

Just now, burd said:

I agree.   Of all the ways Berry could have gotten Tomek in a game, that was not the time, IMO.  

Yes, exactly. Of course we would be saying he was a genius if things went the other way but I don't think this was the time to put him in. I remember seeing a post about having him play on the road and not at home his first game and that makes a lot of sense.  This was not the time nor place. 

Just now, scpa0305 said:

Tomek came in completely cold.  And was probably in just as much shock as everyone else. Second, that was a bomb and he may have been screeened.  He may want that one back but what a terrible post.

I don't blame at all on the 1st one but that 2nd one was terrible. No screen and it wasn't exactly a heavy shot, it was one that needs to be saved by a goaltender at this level. It just seemed like a momentary lapse. Goalies have had that before for us and been very good goalies like Zane. I just wonder if Tomek has some lapses like that and coaches see it in practice then it is easy to see why the coaches would keep going with Johnson because he is more reliable and consistent. Wasn't meant to be a shot at Tomek really just more for some who have been whining about wanting to see Tomek all year that maybe that is a reason why Johnson has been in there night in and night out instead.

• Downvote 1