SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting hawks vs spiders

Longtime fan

2 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Studs looked pretty darn good in that second half against NAU, so if he has a slow start, maybe we just get Tank Harris to wrench his throwing arm back out of its socket. That seemed to work ok for him last time.

UND desperately needed the second half play from Studsrud or else UND would've lost to NAU. Furthermore, Studsrud was off to start the NAU game (contributing to his horrible completion percentage for the game) which is partly why UND dug themselves into a huge hole (31 - 10). 

If Studsrud and the offense comes out slow like that again, they just might not be able to come back again this time. Need to start fast -- which the fans are partly responsible for; be loud and energetic from the opening kick!!! GO HAWKS!

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Its impossible to represent your team when every UND thread is hijacked by members of Bisonville because of their jealousy complex. So it kills the thread because other fans of schools can't chime in because it has turned into a Bison "look at me" thread. Thus making it a lost cause, and you have worthless mods who do nothing about it so that place is just pointless.  Bisonville 2.0

:lol:

• Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, WYOBISONMAN said:

Well, it will be unfortunate if it is not sold out.  Those kids deserve that.  This team has come a long ways.

Agreed.  Unfortunately the hockey game at Madison Square Garden is going to take a good chunk of fans that would normally attend.  Student turnout is a question mark but I am not holding my breath   

Its unfortunate but it's where things are.  In the early 2000s this game would have sold out or close.  Hoping this is the same.  The team and coaching staff do deserve it.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, homer said:

Agreed.  Unfortunately the hockey game at Madison Square Garden is going to take a good chunk of fans that would normally attend.  Student turnout is a question mark but I am not holding my breath   

Its unfortunate but it's where things are.  In the early 2000s this game would have sold out or close.  Hoping this is the same.  The team and coaching staff do deserve it.  

The thing is, we don't need a sellout to make it loud in there. As long as we have at least 8,000 or so, we'll be good with the atmosphere. I think the goal should be 10,000.

8 hours ago, 77iceman said:

It's so odd that UND is set up to be a "get the lead and run the clock down" type of team, yet they play at their very best when they are behind.

Maybe we spot the Spiders 14 points at the start of the game??

We kind a went down that road with the first and last home games of the season! I think Bubba now realizes that that is too hard on the fans. So, that's been replaced in the playbook with; we will score first and never lose the lead.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Are there limits on the number of players that can dress for playoff games. If so, we will have a pretty good idea who is healthy and could be expected to contribute. Do teams need to announce who is going to dress and if so, when? Thanks in advance.

The limit is 60. I'm not sure about when/if that list needs to be released in advance.

Looked at our 1st half and 2nd half stats and scores.  UND is a much better 2nd half team...namely on the D side.  Need to put together a full game for this one if we want to move on.  2nd half scores:

2-6  - Not all that great 

16-6

20-7 - doesn't include OT

10-9

21-17

13-7

17-6

14-7

20-6

10-6

28-7

only one game where they gave up more than 1 td. The adjustments at halftime have been very successful.  Unds last game against UNA, they had 300 yards passing at halftime and 24 points.  2nd half they had 120 yards passing and 7 points.  If und could put together a full game, the chances of making a deep run is very possible.  Being healthier has to benefit as well.  

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

The thing is, we don't need a sellout to make it loud in there. As long as we have at least 8,000 or so, we'll be good with the atmosphere. I think the goal should be 10,000.

10,000+ or bust in my mind. 

I honestly still think that is attainable as of now.

This team deserves a top-notch following and UND needs to help them out (simmer down the NYC and MSG spiel - cool but regular season). 

Everyone who is at the Alerus Center on Saturday needs to be excited and loud. 

Playoff football baby! Go Hawks! 

• Upvote 2

On 11/28/2016 at 6:49 AM, WYOBISONMAN said:

Well....I think an all NoDak Chipper in Texas would be fun.  

Well that would be the event if the century for the state of ND but I don't think this year will be it. I really hope I am proven wrong. If they play solid football all 4 quarters anything can happen. 

I just really hope we can win on Saturday. This young team has a ton of potential and a playoff win would do so much for the confidence of the program.