SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting hawks vs spiders

Longtime fan

1 hour ago, Nodak78 said:

Your kicker needs to know our Hawks eats spiders.

So that is what a "Fighting Hawk" looks like? Ummmmm. Not terribly ferocious. Sorry, but he looks a bit unbalanced. Not that there is anything wrong with being unbalanced. Got a bunch of cousins who are unbalanced. Inbreeding would be my guess as to the cause for them.  But is a story for another day.  The bird is pretty cool. Just not quite what I expected.  

But I like him. I mean I really like him. I think we could become good friends. Goofy birds like me too. Too much sometimes. I have had to fend them off from time to time throughout my life. Had thoughts of being an ornithologist until I experienced their excessive attraction to me.   

What do you call him?  Alfred? Bert? Clyde? Bubba?  Whatever, he seems confused and bedazzled. I think if he were my bird, I would change his diet. Apparently, Spiders do not set well with him. Once I initiate my psychological attack, he will probably no longer be able to fly...or walk, other than as though in a drunken stupor. Not to worry, though. The psychological effects will wear off by Monday or Tuesday and they will have no long term impact.  He will recover just fine. 

Just now, iSpider said:

So that is what a "Fighting Hawk" looks like? Ummmmm. Not terribly ferocious. Sorry, but he looks a bit unbalanced. Not that there is anything wrong with being unbalanced. Got a bunch of cousins who are unbalanced. Inbreeding would be my guess as to the cause for them.  But is a story for another day.  The bird is pretty cool. Just not quite what I expected.  

But I like him. I mean I really like him. I think we could become good friends. Goofy birds like me too. Too much sometimes. I have had to fend them off from time to time throughout my life. Had thoughts of being an ornithologist until I experienced their excessive attraction to me.   

What do you call him?  Alfred? Bert? Clyde? Bubba?  Whatever, he seems confused and bedazzled. I think if he were my bird, I would change his diet. Apparently, Spiders do not set well with him. Once I initiate my psychological attack, he will probably no longer be able to fly...or walk, other than as though in a drunken stupor. Not to worry, though. The psychological effects will wear off by Monday or Tuesday and they will have no long term impact.  He will recover just fine. 

Its a pretty funny clip to see on the big screen behind the goal post during the visitor's FG and XP attempts.

1 hour ago, Sioux94 said:

Anybody hear any more updated info on how Stockwell and Stanley are doing?  Sure would be nice to have the OL at full strength. 

Rudolph stated at the booster luncheon that Stanley was officially cleared this morning. He was answering a question from the crowd.....no one asked about Stockwell.

2 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Its a pretty funny clip to see on the big screen behind the goal post during the visitor's FG and XP attempts.

Not to worry. We are not likely to get close to any goal posts in front of us. They will be to our rear...and not that far away.

FG and XP attempts???? Surely you jest. 

2 minutes ago, teamsioux said:

Rudolph stated at the booster luncheon that Stanley was officially cleared this morning. He was answering a question from the crowd.....no one asked about Stockwell.

Fantastic new. Hope he doesn't have too much rust when he gets out there.

6 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Just made my run to the Costco liquor store over lunch. Let the good times roll.

I think someone must have made a run to Costco for your bird. Unless I hear otherwise, I am going to call him Bert.

Bert's gestures in that clip resemble mine once I have had a drink or 10.  

15 minutes ago, iSpider said:

Not to worry. We are not likely to get close to any goal posts in front of us. They will be to our rear...and not that far away.

FG and XP attempts???? Surely you jest. 

You're saying your offense won't get across the 50, scoring 0 points the whole game?

In all honesty, I'm pretty excited for this game.  I think it's two pretty evenly matched teams.

Offensive rhythm needs to be set early with Rudolph calling some play action on early downs and Studs completing the throws. Going to 3rd in 7 repeatedly won't get it done. Richmond's safeties need to respect the pass to help open up the run game.

35 minutes ago, 77iceman said:

You're saying your offense won't get across the 50, scoring 0 points the whole game?

In all honesty, I'm pretty excited for this game.  I think it's two pretty evenly matched teams.

Kind of think he is mocking us, describing how impossible it will be for them to beat us.  Then if they lose, he'll be able to point out to all of the injuries they have.  And if they win.....he can sarcastically say.......wow can't believe we actually beat the mighty UND team.  The guys on their board feel they will beat us, however they should feel that way....it's going to be a close game and they should feel like they will win if they play well, just like we feel that way.  However kind of thinking many of the guys on their board don't think a whole lot of UND football.

36 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Offensive rhythm needs to be set early with Rudolph calling some play action on early downs and Studs completing the throws. Going to 3rd in 7 repeatedly won't get it done. Richmond's safeties need to respect the pass to help open up the run game.

Get Mercer involved and early. After the NAU game, there is no reason to not give him some of those 15-20 yard back should throws. Do it early, and you will open up some big for for Santiago and Oliveira.

I would also like to see Toivenen get in the mix a bit more, seems like he has been quiet for a while. Haven't seen that Toivenen reverse for a while, I wonder if they will mix that in tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Kind of think he is mocking us, describing how impossible it will be for them to beat us.  Then if they lose, he'll be able to point out to all of the injuries they have.  And if they win.....he can sarcastically say.......wow can't believe we actually beat the mighty UND team.  The guys on their board feel they will beat us, however they should feel that way....it's going to be a close game and they should feel like they will win if they play well, just like we feel that way.  However kind of thinking many of the guys on their board don't think a whole lot of UND football.

Frankly, I'm over all of the speculation. I'm tired of talking injuries, bye weeks, rest vs. rust, back up QBs, Coaches leaving, etc.

The game will be played tomorrow. Either we win or we lose. Playoffs was a great first step for this team, but I think we all expect more. Richmond is a good team, but UND can and probably should, win tomorrow. 

Whatever, I'm looking forward to watching this, and then rolling the UND hockey game on a second tv. Should be a blast.

14 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

He's preparing the old "injury" excuse. They are a part of every season - last year our injuries lost us at least two games. You put your best team on the field and may the best team win - that will be UND. 

I've never seen Richmond play, so I won't pretend I can add anything meaningful to the discussion. SFI breaks it down though.  http://siouxfb.areavoices.com/2016/12/02/fcs-playoff-preview-7-und-fighting-hawks-vs-richmond-spiders/

What concerns me is that if this Kevin Johnson guy had backed up Lauletta when he went down against William & Mary, they probably win that game and get seeded higher than UND.  So the fact that UND is ranked higher doesn't mean anything to me (except the right to play at home).  I'm  just going to go there and hope to see a good game.  

14 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Get Mercer involved and early. After the NAU game, there is no reason to not give him some of those 15-20 yard back should throws. Do it early, and you will open up some big for for Santiago and Oliveira.

I would also like to see Toivenen get in the mix a bit more, seems like he has been quiet for a while. Haven't seen that Toivenen reverse for a while, I wonder if they will mix that in tomorrow.

I would say that having three weeks to prepare should have allowed them to implement some stuff that isn't on any game tapes from this year :).