SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting hawks vs spiders

Longtime fan

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

To be blunt. Time for UND to put up or shut up about the strength of the Big Sky. About where we are as a program. This is a game we are supposed to win. I expect to win this game. Don't care if by 1 or 40. We want respect. We have a chance to get some.

I hear yeah.  UND is not like every other big sky team.....bubba prides himself on D , ball control and winning in the trenches.  Not always pretty but more often than not it gets the W......16-6 the last two seasons.  Our style of play is built for the post season, and NOW is the time that UND needs to make a statement and show the fcs world we belong. We've perked some ears already by the amount of smack talk that is on forums and I'm loving it!!!!  Keep talking!  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Milford torgerson said:

We got this thing.  The eastern teams are all soft compared to our smash it style.  Well be resting our starters to the fourth in this one

Don't know where you got that idea but if our team and coaches believe that we will get our ass kicked.  Look what happened to Weber and Cal Poly. From here on in it is every play for 60 min.  No mistakes. We can win but I would bet it won't be a blowout.  We need to establish the run. Studsrud needs to avoid his first half struggles and play the entire game like he did the 4th quarter last game and second half of most of our games.  We need to shut down their run and we need pressure on their QB. Special teams can't fail to cover punts and KO's.  Great time to return a punt or KO to give us an edge.  Should be great game. Full house will make a difference.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, UND08 said:

Why would any UND fan even want to participate there?  NDSU folks hijack any conversation that mentions UND before we even get a chance to see it.  Most AGS'ers have a toxic view of UND purely because of the narrative that NDSU rubes push over there...I guess that's what happens when tractors drive themselves and the farm folk have extra time on their hands...hahaha

The reason AGS  has a toxic view of UND is because you had a few UND posters who went there and didnt represent themselves well.

And yes they post here.

• Downvote 2

10 minutes ago, Cratter said:

If that was the case they must really have a toxic view of NDSU over there.

And yes they post here.

It's annoying enough that the message board takes on that attitude with certain teams...but the fact that they conduct a poll that's not totally meaningless to teams makes it even more of a joke...

2 minutes ago, Stonewall D said:

Richmond fan here.  We expect a great game this Saturday.  UND is favored for a reason- you are a class team playing in a very good league.  Feel free to visit us at Spidernation.com.

Welcome to siouxsports.com! We are all looking forward to seeing what your team brings to the table.

1 hour ago, Stonewall D said:

Richmond fan here.  We expect a great game this Saturday.  UND is favored for a reason- you are a class team playing in a very good league.  Feel free to visit us at Spidernation.com.

Bring some warm clothes and join the per-game tailgating. Forecast is 36 and partly sunny. 

7 minutes ago, Sioux04 said:

Lakes has already invaded the Spiders' forum and spit out his usual rhetoric.  

I know we all have fools in our fanbases but he's got to be one of the worst in the country.  He must really be compensating for something.  Do any SU fans claim him and support his views?  I haven't heard of anyone that does. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, bison73 said:

The reason AGS  has a toxic view of UND is because you had a few UND posters who went there and didnt represent themselves well.

And yes they post here.

Its impossible to represent your team when every UND thread is hijacked by members of Bisonville because of their jealousy complex. So it kills the thread because other fans of schools can't chime in because it has turned into a Bison "look at me" thread. Thus making it a lost cause, and you have worthless mods who do nothing about it so that place is just pointless.  Bisonville 2.0

4 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

who is lakes

A worthless Bison fan, who makes it a point to go on radio, and different message boards of anyone who plays UND and spews hatred and lies and basically makes a total ass of himself all in the name of Bison Nation. They should be so proud to have an asshat like that. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Stonewall D said:

I expect a great game and think Richmond will give us all we can handle.  The CAA has been very good this year, probably the best conference in FCS this year.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, UND08 said:

Are you kidding me?!?  We haven't rested starters in a single game yet this year...what makes you think we will do it Saturday?!?  It's going to be a dogfight to the end...

Respectfully disagree.  We should be healthy after our long break but we won't be rusty.  Our guys are confident and very hungry and they've practiced hard and effectively.  We've seen our QB emerge in the recent games to become one of the best in the fcs.  These eastern teams always come with a good RB and an above average defensive player or two but little else.  We'll wear them down with our running game and we are now a great passing team if that is necessary.

1 minute ago, Milford torgerson said:

Respectfully disagree.  We should be healthy after our long break but we won't be rusty.  Our guys are confident and very hungry and they've practiced hard and effectively.  We've seen our QB emerge in the recent games to become one of the best in the fcs.  These eastern teams always come with a good RB and an above average defensive player or two but little else.  We'll wear them down with our running game and we are now a great passing team if that is necessary.

Richmond is a really good team. This will not be an easy game. It's a toss up in my opinion.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Milford torgerson said:

Richmond is not Winona State...I don't disagree with all of the things you say about our squad...but Richmond is the real deal...and its going to take a great effort to beat them...I hope we get it!

5 minutes ago, UND08 said:

Richmond is not Winona State...I don't disagree with all of the things you say about our squad...but Richmond is the real deal...and its going to take a great effort to beat them...I hope we get it!

But UND should be able to give a great effort due to the amount of rest they've received. 

It may be close, but I expect the combination of plentiful rest (3 weeks) and homefield advantage to be the difference for UND. 

• Upvote 1