SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Minnesota - SATURDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

3 minutes ago, Feff said:

Really hope these lat two weekends are the season low point. This is bad hockey. 

Actually, that is not at all what Hennessey is saying.  He's saying our boys are playing well but obviously not getting the puck in the net.  

1 minute ago, burd said:

Actually, that is not at all what Hennessey is saying.  He's saying our boys are playing well but obviously not getting the puck in the net.  

It should be 5-2 right now! Hot goalie crap.... post's! Ugh!

I think the Sioux look great! Just bad breaks!

How was that last penalty even close to a penalty?!!!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, burd said:

That doesn't explain the ineptitude of the penalty kill, the goalie looking lost, and the sloppy passing/receiving. I'll give them a pass on the penalties due to the blind refs. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

It should be 5-2 right now! Hot goalie crap.... post's! Ugh!

I think the Sioux look great! Just bad breaks!

How was that last penalty even close to a penalty?!!!

that was 50 50 battle and one of the 4 blind mice bought the 1/2 twist in a tuck position.

4 minutes ago, burd said:

That's what I'm seeing.  I know this isn't popular, but Minnesota is a good hockey team, and seem to have a little motivation.  

Just now, willythekid said:

UND is playing well, Cam J. is not.  Our PK is terrible but our defense is much better than last night.

This. PK is so out of whack right now. Many times they will have 3 guys on 2 of theirs which obviously leaves 2 gophers wide open with prime scoring chances. Cam just doesn't look comfortable out there. What is up with Tomek? So highly praised before he got to GF. 

Just now, tnt said:

That's what I'm seeing.  I know this isn't popular, but Minnesota is a good hockey team, and seem to have a little motivation.  

In this series, the home team has usually had a distinct advantage. We have swept down there once since 1980 (2007). The Gophers meanwhile have trouble winning at REA (both the Old and New). We'll get them in our barn next season and we'll see who the "good hockey team" is then.

2 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

In this series, the home team has usually had a distinct advantage. We have swept down there once since 1980 (2007). The Gophers meanwhile have trouble winning at REA (both the Old and New). We'll get them in our barn next season and we'll see who the "good hockey team" is then.

So this one is over? 

1 minute ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I think this team will figure it out by Christmas and be much, much better in the second half. And if it ends up being a rebuilding year, then so be it.

If this is a rebuilding year I'm scared to see what next year looks like... UND will lose a lot of talent after this year.  Imagine if Tomek jumps because he's not getting any ice time.  Boeser is gone.  Gersich, T Poolman, Pogs, and possibly Jost are all flight risks.  Ausmus's last year.

• Upvote 1