SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Minnesota - SATURDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

1 minute ago, bigskyvikes said:

Are you serious? I will bet you anything they will be in the top 16....?

Yeah, this one will hurt but the good thing about the NCHC is you have a chance to always play ranked opponents so they will be fine. If nothing else they can just try to win their first frozen faceoff lol

2 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Last night?  Yes.

Tonight?  No way.

We actually got outplayed by the goal posts...but that was it, I guess you can say Schierhorn outplayed Cam. Overall I agree we were the better team tonight.

I am sure this will be a 2nd half team, I look forward to when they start to play to their potential.

Four posts.....outshot em, carried the play, didn't score on some empty nets, and we saw Boeser get pissed and play with passion.  Ohh, and our best defenseman didn't play.

May have come together a little bit there at the end.  Would love to see a postseason matchup between the schools.  Tons of hockey before then.

Doesn't get any easier next weekend, but at least I get an hour more of sleep right?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jukenjive27 said:

Yeah, this one will hurt but the good thing about the NCHC is you have a chance to always play ranked opponents so they will be fine. If nothing else they can just try to win their first frozen faceoff lol

True, but you will be playing tough teams every night, so splits are inevitable in a lot of them.  

6 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Last night?  Yes.

Tonight?  No way.

This...

4 minutes ago, jukenjive27 said:

We actually got outplayed by the goal posts...but that was it, I guess you can say Schierhorn outplayed Cam. Overall I agree we were the better team tonight.

And this...

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Four posts.....outshot em, carried the play, didn't score on some empty nets, and we saw Boeser get pissed and play with passion.  Ohh, and our best defenseman didn't play.

May have come together a little bit there at the end.  Would love to see a postseason matchup between the schools.  Tons of hockey before then.

Doesn't get any easier next weekend, but at least I get an hour more of sleep right?

Absolutely this!

I thought this was one of the better games we have put together so far this season. I'm sure Cam wants both of those goals back and with a struggling group of defensemen he really needs to step up his play and carry us for a while. Hopefully we will see some improvement as the D get more experience but right now you can only trust about 4 on any given night. Schierhorn was the difference tonight as he was very solid tonight and got a few lucky breaks as well with about 4 posts. Thought Smith stepped into the lineup and played well but Gornall struggled and I'd much rather see Yon in over him I didn't really get that move. Hopefully Poolman can heal up this week and be ready to go for Denver because right now everytime Peski gets on the ice it seems like he panics and gives up some kind of chance and Johnson isn't fairing too much better back there right now. Think we will see some changes this week with the lines and especially the PP that 1st group really didn't seem to fit well together.