SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Minnesota - SATURDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

19 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Gophers gooning it up. Lindgren is a chippy POS.

Yep, he's going to make Lucia eat some crow regarding this rivalry in time.

10 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Last night?  Yes.

Tonight?  No way.

Agreed.  If the team plays games like they played tonight they will win most of their games this year.   

Post game Berry and Tim agreed Gersich might have been the best forward for the weekend, and Bowen had his best game of the year tonight.   Positive signs all around.  

6 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

What's wrong with splitting against equally high ranked teams?

Nothing, if we can take care of non-conference the rest of the way, but just how competitive it was last year from being in the tournament and being a spectator, nothing is a given, especially if there are numerous teams from our league with good non-conference marks.

13 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Kinda like some of our fans held onto Holy Cross for, oh, about a decade?

Nothing wrong with that as it was the first time a #1 seed lost to a #4 and it happened in our building. Both fanbases talk !@#$ after a win, that's why I said I hate losing to them, but it is not the end of the world. This team will build and get better, I hope they do get a chance at payback.

2 minutes ago, jukenjive27 said:

Nothing wrong with that as it was the first time a #1 seed lost to a #4 and it happened in our building. Both fanbases talk !@#$ after a win, that's why I said I hate losing to them, but it is not the end of the world. This team will build and get better, I hope they do get a chance at payback.

At least .6 involved their own team.  UND had nothing to do with the HC game.

2 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I guess if that's a reason to buy a game-worn Crusader jersey, sure.

For me it was an awesome moment to witness and the noise was off the charts.....but then UND took the ice to play Michigan and i was over it.....don't get me wrong I jabbed a few Gopher fans about it over the years but would never buy Holy Cross merchandise....let alone wear it

19 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Cousin in Denver air port. Apparently a scout for avs said jost is one and done 

Blah blah blah...

No complaints about the coaching this weekend, gfhookey?  Heaven knows you'd be blasting Hak by now for "not getting the boys up for big games" early in the season.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Irish said:

I've been asking that too and absolutely no one has said a word - makes no sense to me

Agree makes no sense....I honestly dont get it.  Cam has not been good this year.  He had the best D in the country last year and may have masked him.  

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Like em or hate em, that's a very impressive stat for Minnesota.

hate 'em

Regarding Tomek, i think either Schlossman or Hajdu said on the live chat tonight he's listed as the 3rd goalie.   I would guess the reason Tomek's not getting a chance in net is that Hrynkiw is ahead of him on the depth chart, for whatever reason that might be.  But I'm guessing it's not because the coaches hate Tomek.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

At least .6 involved their own team.  UND had nothing to do with the HC game.

The fans had everything to do with that one, even Potulny was whining about the fans cheering against them. You can't say that having all those fans cheering for them didn't give HC a little bit of extra jump.

25 minutes ago, DAR said:

Agree makes no sense....I honestly dont get it.  Cam has not been good this year.  He had the best D in the country last year and may have masked him.  

Careful, I said that all season last year and got blasted for it. Easy to play goalie with an NHL defense in front of you.