SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Minnesota - SATURDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

11 minutes ago, cberkas said:

You step out in front of the player as a goalie you get called not the player.

When the goalie is squarely in the blue paint, then he should be protected.

My problem is when they would call that penalty on the player even when nobody is even touching the blue paint.

Just now, BigGreyAnt41 said:

When the goalie is squarely in the blue paint, then he should be protected.

My problem is when they would call that penalty on the player even when nobody is even touching the blue paint.

I know he's protected in the crease, but if the goalie is going to square up to the player and step out in front of him the goalie should get called.

Just now, Wilbur said:

Great period for ND.  I'll take that period over the first period disaster last night. 

Play within the system.  Don't take penalties, keep the grind going. 

Agreed.  Much better play, and owned the play for large parts of the period.  I just wish we were getting more pucks on net.

Just now, cberkas said:

I know he's protected in the crease, but if the goalie is going to square up to the player and step out in front of him the goalie should get called.

Seems like it to me as well.  Especially as obvious as this one was.  Clearly the goalie did nothing but try to pick Gornall.  Any other player on the ice gets a penalty for an obvious pick.  But again, I don't know the rules about the crease, so it depends on those rules.

Just now, dagies said:

Seems like it to me as well.  Especially as obvious as this one was.  Clearly the goalie did nothing but try to pick Gornall.  Any other player on the ice gets a penalty for an obvious pick.  But again, I don't know the rules about the crease, so it depends on those rules.

Maybe Cam should try confront people going through his crease to see how they would call that.

8 minutes ago, dagies said:

hey check your pm