SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Minnesota - SATURDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

1 minute ago, willythekid said:

If this is a rebuilding year I'm scared to see what next year looks like... UND will lose a lot of talent after this year.  Imagine if Tomek jumps because he's not getting any ice time.  Boeser is gone.  Gersich, T Poolman, Pogs, and possibly Jost are all flight risks.  Ausmus's last year.

Unless Jost starts lighting the college hockey world on fire soon, he ain't going anywhere. And I think the large number of early departures over the off-season may be a side effect of hanging #8. Players may have felt like they had accomplished all they could at the collegiate level and figured it was time to move on. I don't think we'll have that many departures every single year.

3 minutes ago, willythekid said:

If this is a rebuilding year I'm scared to see what next year looks like... UND will lose a lot of talent after this year.  Imagine if Tomek jumps because he's not getting any ice time.  Boeser is gone.  Gersich, T Poolman, Pogs, and possibly Jost are all flight risks.  Ausmus's last year.

I was thinking the exact same thing!

3 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Unless Jost starts lighting the college hockey world on fire soon, he ain't going anywhere. And I think the large number of early departures over the off-season may be a side effect of hanging #8. Players may have felt like they had accomplished all they could at the collegiate level and figured it was time to move on. I don't think we'll have that many departures every single year.

I'm not saying it's a done deal but UND has had their fair share of surprises... Brett Hextall and Luke Johnson come instantly to mind.