SiouxSports.com Forum

Bracketology

petey23

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

I agree with that, except the committee has shown themselves to be schizophrenic from week to week.  The rankings have made little sense.

I'll throw another curve ball at you:

What happens to the rankings if ndsu loses this week?  That could knock someone out even with a win (or a bye) as the line shifts downward.

i"ll hang up and listen.

I think if NDSU lost and everyone below them (besides C Ark) won, NDSU would simply drop to #3 or #4 and EWU and J'ville St. would be the #1 and #2 seeds with UND or SDSU sliding into #8.

8 minutes ago, homer said:

I think if NDSU lost and everyone below them (besides C Ark) won, NDSU would simply drop to #3 or #4 and EWU and J'ville St. would be the #1 and #2 seeds with UND or SDSU sliding into #8.

I think they would slide past 4.  They were 4 at one time with 1 loss.

24 minutes ago, Matt said:

I think they would slide past 4.  They were 4 at one time with 1 loss.

I disagree personally because things have changed a little since they were #4, but who knows what this crazy committee will decide. But my guess is that if they lost (unlikely) they would slide to #3 assuming the teams around them win. 

Thankfully for UND, with all of the different scenarios this Saturday, it seems very likely they will land at #8 or better. I just don't see the SDSU jump. I think it would take a 3 score win for them to jump UND which will be tough for them to do at UNI. I predict them to win a tight one and stay behind UND, but even if they did jump us, there might be enough top 8 teams bouncing out to make room for both UND and SDSU. 

6 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

What would be the ramifications to UND if Portland state beat Eastern Washington Saturday? Wishful thinking but??

You'd think it would make UND look better being the only BIg Sky champs. But you still never know with his committee!

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20161117104721004269704

SFI just tweeted this article out... Supposedly less regionalization & will put conference teams in different bracket sides this year.

While the NCAA Division I FCS selection committee will make the pairings regional when possible, beginning this year, conferences with four or more competing teams will be split over both sides of the bracket

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

What would be the ramifications to UND if Portland state beat Eastern Washington Saturday? Wishful thinking but??

UND will be conference champions (no co-championship :)) and get the auto-bid. E Washington will still get a top 8 seed

7 hours ago, mj23 said:

I honestly see UND getting the 8 seed because UNI will win and might get into the playoffs and I don't see Sam Houston losing at home the last game of the season.  NDSU takes care of business at SD and UND vs NDSU will possibly be happening if both win their games.  I think the chance of this happening is greater than some might think.

UND is at a # 9 Seed, we don't play this week, kind of like a tie, so the committee leaves us there. They have already set us up on the Seed Bubble.

Remind you of last year except that the Bubble is on the Seed cliff instead of the Playoff cliff of last year. 

17 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

UND is at a # 9 Seed, we don't play this week, kind of like a tie, so the committee leaves us there. They have already set us up on the Seed Bubble.

Remind you of last year except that the Bubble is on the Seed cliff instead of the Playoff cliff of last year. 

We left some doubt.....