SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday: UND at Sac St 8 PM

geaux_sioux

40-7 Final

Impressive final score but still a lot of things for this team to work on (ball security, punt return, passing game, etc.)

I now await the word on the health of several key players. Big one next week against Southern Utah for homecoming. Pack the Alerus and be loud! UND is 3 - 0 in conference play!

21 minutes ago, nodakvindy said:

You don't get statement wins against 1-4 teams.  Also leaving your starter in a blowout when a team can start getting chippy doesn't make a lot of sense.

But if you want to be considered one of the best in the conference, 30 point wins vs. teams like Sac. St are the expectation.  You cringe when the starters are out there but I also understand it. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, homer said:

But if you want to be considered one of the best in the conference, 30 point wins vs. teams like Sac. St are the expectation.  You cringe when the starters are out there but I also understand it. 

I guess they wanted to leave no doubt.

A UND win this Saturday puts us alone in first place as EWU has a bye. Big game, packed house, we need this game to be louder than the Potato Bowl, and Cal Poly combined. I say we win this game we are playoff bound as no one is going to slow this team down. Great blowout win over Sac St. 

Read lots of complaints about the Sac St. announcers but Jack Michaels is just brutal to listen to. It is one outdated cliché after another with him. Outside of a listening audience in rural white bread America (cliché I know) no one could make sense of him.  "He was on him like white on rice"........really?  Really???

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

Saw Reyes limp off in fourth quarter but nothing reported hoping that is good news. With our best players on the field we are a good team, a very good team according to Sac announcers.

My insiders say thigh bruise.

We needed a 30+ point win. Even though it is only Sac St it will matter in the eyes of a committee. This game was fun to watch but the real test to see if we are a playoff worthy team will be taking care of SUU at home next week. Heal up and have a good week of practice.

40 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Read lots of complaints about the Sac St. announcers but Jack Michaels is just brutal to listen to. It is one outdated cliché after another with him. Outside of a listening audience in rural white bread America (cliché I know) no one could make sense of him.  "He was on him like white on rice"........really?  Really???

I watched on line and listened to Michaels.  He is tough to listen to.  

The camera work was terrible from the Sac St crew.  Usually the shot was too tight and you couldn't see where the ball or the runner/receiver ended up.  On Studsrud's long TD run we only saw the first 15 yards or so.

Lots of good things, the combination of which led to a drubbing of a team that, on paper, were supposed to drub. Kudos to the coaches and players for making that happen. With that being said, there is plenty of room for improvement in certain areas, namely place kicking (although he did come back to make all the remaining kicks after missing the first two), kick returns, penalties, and fumbles. Clean those areas up, and we are a contender. #daybyday #leavenodoubt

3 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Jack uses a lot of cliches, but he's excited,  into the game, and does a nice job of describing what's going on.  

Compared to Sweeney last year, Jack is infinitely better. 

Sweeney was akin to listening to Braille. 

• Upvote 2