SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday: UND at Sac St 8 PM

geaux_sioux

2 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I watched the first period of the hockey game, and then flipped it to football at 8.

Early season for hockey. Playing a pretty bad team. Football team is on a roll and there are only so many games. Plenty of opportunities left to watch hockey this season. Football is rolling!

x2

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I watched the first period of the hockey game, and then flipped it to football at 8.

Early season for hockey. Playing a pretty bad team. Football team is on a roll and there are only so many games. Plenty of opportunities left to watch hockey this season. Football is rolling!

Same here. A lot of hockey left and football is really heating up.

31 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Just noticed that this game thread is twice as long as the Canisius game thread... bodes well for football fan support, I would think.

Winning definitely helps with the fan following.  I would say the fans are mostly their but become much more interested with success. The cow college success has hurt our support. I can't wait for the time that we beat them again! Maybe we get a shot at them in the Playoffs! And Oh, this is not a hockey only U!

4 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Winning definitely helps with the fan following.  I would say the fans are mostly their but become much more interested with success. The cow college success has hurt our support. I can't wait for the time that we beat them again! Maybe we get a shot at them in the Playoffs! And Oh, this is not a hockey only U!

It would be a lot of fun. They are the team to beat, and if they are playing at 100%, I don't know if we could win or not. We have the defense to make it interesting, and who knows what we could get rolling on offense ... but that would definitely be a FUN game. I know enough Bison fans to know that as a whole, they are a pretty fun bunch; there are just a few obnoxious trollers that come around, and the BV crowd is pretty terrible. BUT if you went tailgating up there, MOST would toss you a beer and welcome you; and add a little ribbing into the mix.

8 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

It would be a lot of fun. They are the team to beat, and if they are playing at 100%, I don't know if we could win or not. We have the defense to make it interesting, and who knows what we could get rolling on offense ... but that would definitely be a FUN game. I know enough Bison fans to know that as a whole, they are a pretty fun bunch; there are just a few obnoxious trollers that come around, and the BV crowd is pretty terrible. BUT if you went tailgating up there, MOST would toss you a beer and welcome you; and add a little ribbing into the mix.

I also know a lot of Bison fans, just that these last years have pretty much all receiving on the ribbing. I didn't forget the game in Fargo last year, and they remind me.  It just would be nice the have another shot at them.

2 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I also know a lot of Bison fans, just that these last years have pretty much all receiving on the ribbing. I didn't forget the game in Fargo last year, and they remind me.  It just would be nice the have another shot at them.

Absolutely, and as much as a few people like to say NDSU/UND is not a football rivalry (those folks are morons) ... playoff matchups like that definitely heat up the passion of the fans.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Absolutely, and as much as a few people like to say NDSU/UND is not a football rivalry (those folks are morons) ... playoff matchups like that definitely heat up the passion of the fans.

Playoff game like that would be huggge! That would really energize the UND fans!

33 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I would love to watch UND end the NDSU streak of championships. How fitting would that be! :)

• Upvote 1