SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

15 hours ago, jdub27 said:

No it isn't. It was retired.

I guess I didn’t know that. That’s sad. They didn’t need to retire that one. No reason whatsoever. That’s still a relevant logo and isn’t “offensive”. So we have no secondary logo then. Wow. 

36 minutes ago, FightingSU said:

I guess I didn’t know that. That’s sad. They didn’t need to retire that one. No reason whatsoever. That’s still a relevant logo and isn’t “offensive”. So we have no secondary logo then. Wow. 

There’s some unofficial secondary logos you can see if you drive down university 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, FightingSU said:

Most would say we have a secondary at best logo now.

• Upvote 4

38 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Hardly.

Notre Dam gave us a friendly call at that time to stop using the interlocked ND logo.
Being they had the rights to it registered, we said sure. End of story.

I'm aware of that, but correct me if I'm wrong wasn't UND able to continue use of the ND logo as long as North Dakota was in the logo as well. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Went to the new Scheels store in Minot and the NDSU clothes outnumbered UND clothes 4-1.

What the heck is going on at UND to let themselves become second fiddle to the ag school!?!?!?

Is it the crappy logo that no one wants to buy? Is the state no longer a big fan of UND teams compare to NDSU? 

Either way this doesn’t look for UND!

37 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Went to the new Scheels store in Minot and the NDSU clothes outnumbered UND clothes 4-1.

What the heck is going on at UND to let themselves become second fiddle to the ag school!?!?!?

Is it the crappy logo that no one wants to buy? Is the state no longer a big fan of UND teams compare to NDSU? 

It's football season. NDSU is the toast of the state in football. Pretty simple, honestly.

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

100% the logo.  There was pride in the Sioux Logo.  I'm still a big fan of the school and own a few items with the Hawks logo on it.  IBH the merchandise sucks now.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

It's football season. NDSU is the toast of the state in football. Pretty simple, honestly.

So you are telling me when hockey season rolls along we will see more UND merchandise on the shelves? Not buying that argument. 

Even UND hockey isn’t enough to over take Bison Football. Who is the JV sport now?

Either our logo sucks or no one cares about UND sports as much anymore compared to the Ag school……

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

So you are telling me when hockey season rolls along we will see more UND merchandise on the shelves? Not buying that argument. 

Even UND hockey isn’t enough to over take Bison Football. Who is the JV sport now?

Either our logo sucks or no one cares about UND sports as much anymore compared to the Ag school……

Yes, I'd think it was common sense, but I don't have an indelible proof of that being how it works at that particular Scheels. 

Hockey is a JV sport compared to football on many, many levels. So, there is a large population of people who don't watch UND hockey. With all of that said, UND hockey and NDSU football are basically 1 and 1a in regards to the most popular sport in the state and it goes back and forth all the time. Your anecdotal look at the Minot Scheels hardly gleans any insight in whether or not "no one cares about UND sports as much anymore compared to the Ag school"

I'd say the logo is certainly not helping sales of UND apparel, no doubt. But, I don't think the two options you listed are the primary reasons.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Prior to NDSU moving to D1 and obviously UND still had the best logo in college athletics, but UND merch outsold Bison merch in the Fargo Scheels store.

• Upvote 1