SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

13 minutes ago, und1995 said:

To think this all could have been avoided if they let the top choice North Dakota be selected. I think after a while a nickname could have been chosen instead of being forced on the University so soon after retiring the Sioux nickname and logo. 

It was rushed. We could have stayed "UND" for a while longer.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, und1995 said:

To think this all could have been avoided if they let the top choice North Dakota be selected. I think after a while a nickname could have been chosen instead of being forced on the University so soon after retiring the Sioux nickname and logo. 

Top choice of who?
And 3+ years seems like plenty of time.

1 hour ago, FightingSU said:

It was rushed. We could have stayed "UND" for a while longer.

No need to re-hash what's in the past, but one of the large pushes for no nickname was so that people could unofficially continue using Fighting Sioux as there was nothing to fill the void. And "a while longer" clearly wouldn't have made a difference with a big part of those who still haven't moved on.

16 hours ago, SiouxForever said:

Good photoshop skills or whatever application you used for your work, kudos!

However, I wouldn't spend a dime on one of these if they ever saw the light - no thanks!

HA!!  Agreed.  The "mascot logo" is fun for kids cloting, but I don't want to see it anywhere a jersey!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Another year of no logo at center ice of the Ralph.  8 more years to go until we do.

The Schools " North Dakota" logo is literally on the ice. Also, the arena will be recontacted UND is never getting the arena. They won't be able to run it, maintain it or keep it as it is. It will be renegotiated UND would ruin this arena once its in their management.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, FightingSU said:

The Schools " North Dakota" logo is literally on the ice. Also, the arena will be recontacted UND is never getting the arena. They won't be able to run it, maintain it or keep it as it is. It will be renegotiated UND would ruin this arena once its in their management.

My thoughts exactly 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, FightingSU said:

The North Dakota script is not a logo. Sorry.  And the Ralph will be handed over to UND in 2030. I don’t think there’s a debate there. 

• Downvote 1

12 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

The North Dakota script is not a logo. Sorry.  And the Ralph will be handed over to UND in 2030. I don’t think there’s a debate there. 

I fundamentally disagree. I guess we will see in a handful of years though. Who knows.

I have no issue with the "North Dakota" wordmark at center ice.

Frankly, not enough people associate the logo mark with UND ... yet.

The words "North Dakota" let the casual channel surfer know that the "UND" on the score ribbon is North Dakota (not Our Lady of South Bend) whuppin' the other team on the ice. 

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I have no issue with the "North Dakota" wordmark at center ice.

Frankly, not enough people associate the logo mark with UND ... yet.

The words "North Dakota" let the casual channel surfer know that the "UND" on the score ribbon is North Dakota (not Our Lady of South Bend) whuppin' the other team on the ice. 

I see your point, but that is the reason why UND spend thousands of dollard in rebranding and coming up with a new logo.  When UNd got the new Brien logo in 2001, you saws that logo everywhere.  Didn't take long for everyone else to figure out that the new Sioux head logo was the University of North Dakota.  So the University has gone thru rebranding before.  Now I get the hesitancy by the REA to plaster the new logo over where all the Sioux heads were.  I am not wanting them to do that.  I am all for honoring the legacy of the fighting Sioux name. But I am also for honoring the current legacy of the new name.  The REA needs to get on board with the rebranding efforts of UND and do a better job promoting the new logo.  Promoting the "North Dakota" script  "logo" isn't helping with tha effort. 

Like I said, I don't expect to see the Fighting Hawks logo displayed a predominiently in the REA like the Sioux logo was.  But I don't think it's too much to expect the logo to be at the very least at center ice.  The overwhelming majority of college rinks have their logo at center ice.  The logo has been around for 6 years now.  People have gotten used to seeing it around.  Even your most die hard "Sioux Forever" fan at the very least realizes that the Fighting Hawks logo is here to stay.  The REA should n't be offended by displaying the official logo of UND athletics and a UND athletic event.  Not asking for the world.  Just a simple gesture that would show that the REA and UND are working together to promote the new logo, which is what UND has been trying to do for 6 years.  The REA putting the logo at center ice would go along way in achieving that.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I see your point, but that is the reason why UND spend thousands of dollard in rebranding and coming up with a new logo.  When UNd got the new Brien logo in 2001, you saws that logo everywhere.  Didn't take long for everyone else to figure out that the new Sioux head logo was the University of North Dakota.  So the University has gone thru rebranding before.  Now I get the hesitancy by the REA to plaster the new logo over where all the Sioux heads were.  I am not wanting them to do that.  I am all for honoring the legacy of the fighting Sioux name. But I am also for honoring the current legacy of the new name.  The REA needs to get on board with the rebranding efforts of UND and do a better job promoting the new logo.  Promoting the "North Dakota" script  "logo" isn't helping with tha effort. 

Like I said, I don't expect to see the Fighting Hawks logo displayed a predominiently in the REA like the Sioux logo was.  But I don't think it's too much to expect the logo to be at the very least at center ice.  The overwhelming majority of college rinks have their logo at center ice.  The logo has been around for 6 years now.  People have gotten used to seeing it around.  Even your most die hard "Sioux Forever" fan at the very least realizes that the Fighting Hawks logo is here to stay.  The REA should n't be offended by displaying the official logo of UND athletics and a UND athletic event.  Not asking for the world.  Just a simple gesture that would show that the REA and UND are working together to promote the new logo, which is what UND has been trying to do for 6 years.  The REA putting the logo at center ice would go along way in achieving that.

Maybe get a cooler logo then.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

We are lucky Ralph isn’t  alive …… the arena could be a parking lot right now.

the Ralph has embraced the nodaks nickname because it is not horrendous, no reason to use an unpopular logo

• Upvote 1