18t Central Arkansas 207 5-1 22  
20 Samford 147 5-1 24  
21 Grambling State 95 4-1 23  
22 Stony Brook 91 4-2 NR  
23 Harvard 87 4-1 15  
24 Albany 50 4-2 19  
25 Tennessee State 43 5-1 NR

3 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

If both EWU and UND finish unbeaten who would be awarded the auto?  

I believe it is the team with the highest Sarigan ranking so it would likely be EWU. 

Personally don't think it matters as EWU will slip up once vs. either Cal Poly or Montana.  UND just needs to continue to take care of business. 

14 minutes ago, homer said:

I believe it is the team with the highest Sarigan ranking so it would likely be EWU. 

Personally don't think it matters as EWU will slip up once vs. either Cal Poly or Montana.  UND just needs to continue to take care of business. 

I was thinking it was the sagarin, just not sure.  

I can't see EWU slipping this year.  They should beat montana but poly might be a blemish as it is in California.  Poly could control the clock and frustrate the hell out if them.  Hope so anyways. 

Und needs to win their remaining games, finish 9-2 and I like their chances for a 8 seed.  They need Stony, USD and poly to finish strong as well.  

38 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Holy crap. They call us cocky? "Its a good think you don't play EWU or Montana". For Montana, we damn near beat them 2 years ago at home and did beat them in 2012 they are beatable. EWU would be tough but in our building I think we have a good chance. Puff your chests all you want, playoffs will do the talking.

4 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

I had to make a couple posts today. There are is one Montana guy in particular that for some reason seems to have an axe to grind with UND. The reality is they play EWU, we dont. However, we actually played a decent OOC schedule. They played a crap OOC schedule and UNI is not a good team this year so that argument doesn't hold water to me.

I also think there is a lot to be said of UND doing this without a buy week.  Most teams are really banged up this time of year and UND is no exception yet they are improving every week and different players are stepping up when called upon.  

There are teams out there that have had two buy weeks and that makes a huge difference when preparing for an OOC schedule. I imagine in a few weeks we will hear those same fans complain about not having a week off as injuries begin to mount. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, homer said:

I also think there is a lot to be said of UND doing this without a buy week.  Most teams are really banged up this time of year and UND is no exception yet they are improving every week and different players are stepping up when called upon.  

There are teams out there that have had two buy weeks and that makes a huge difference when preparing for an OOC schedule. I imagine in a few weeks we will hear those same fans complain about not having a week off as injuries begin to mount. 

Great point, definitely overlooked. If we can squeek by that late bye might be a blessing in disguise.

19 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

I was thinking it was the sagarin, just not sure.  

I can't see EWU slipping this year.  They should beat montana but poly might be a blemish as it is in California.  Poly could control the clock and frustrate the hell out if them.  Hope so anyways. 

Und needs to win their remaining games, finish 9-2 and I like their chances for a 8 seed.  They need Stony, USD and poly to finish strong as well.  

Add to that list Southern Utah and Weber State (and NAU, if they get hot).  I'm rooting for every team the UND plays to win all their other games.  Amazingly, Montana State is the team that is disappointing us the most.

On 10/16/2016 at 1:19 PM, geaux_sioux said:

Why wouldn't you want them to have 2 losses?

Or us have 3 loses? No thanks, I'd wait till the playoffs to meet Montana. That potential 3rd loss for us would really hurt our seeding at the end of the season, being we now have a fair chance to go undefeated in the conference! Would I like to play them, absolutely, but not now. 

20 hours ago, Dustin said:

Add to that list Southern Utah and Weber State (and NAU, if they get hot).  I'm rooting for every team the UND plays to win all their other games.  Amazingly, Montana State is the team that is disappointing us the most.

until they beat Eastern this weekend ;)

44 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Or us have 3 loses? No thanks, I'd wait till the playoffs to meet Montana. That potential 3rd loss for us would really hurt our seeding at the end of the season, being we now have a fair chance to go undefeated in the conference! Would I like to play them, absolutely, but not now. 

I disagree with the way you're looking at it. Of our team is actually good then they can beat anyone. If not then this season is all a charade.

3 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I disagree with the way you're looking at it. Of our team is actually good then they can beat anyone. If not then this season is all a charade.

Agreed. You want to be the best, you have to beat the best. Since we don't get decide the conference schedule, we just need to continue to win, but playing MT or EWU would certainly add to the credibility of what UND is doing this season. I think playing those top tier teams also prepares the team better for the playoffs.

Next year UND should be even more experienced, and we have both MT and EWU on the schedule. It will be a tough schedule.

10 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Agreed. You want to be the best, you have to beat the best. Since we don't get decide the conference schedule, we just need to continue to win, but playing MT or EWU would certainly add to the credibility of what UND is doing this season. I think playing those top tier teams also prepares the team better for the playoffs.

Next year UND should be even more experienced, and we have both MT and EWU on the schedule. It will be a tough schedule.

Yup. Next year we have a very tough schedule. If we have success we will get a lot more respect than this year and rightfully so.