SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U diaries

Vegas_Sioux

18 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

#22 Tennessee, #24 Auburn, Georgia, Kentucky, South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Missouri, Texas A&M, Arkansas, Miss St, Ole Miss. So which SEC teams do you think NDSU could beat? 

In a one game setting, I would give any FCS team in the top 5-8 depending on the year a legitimate chance to win against any one of those teams, yes.

I'm not sure why you're having a hard time believing it could happen when it has happened already in the past. FCS teams have beaten ranked FBS teams in the past and will likely do it plenty more in the future.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Bison06 said:

In a one game setting, I would give any FCS team in the top 5-8 depending on the year a legitimate chance to win against any one of those teams, yes.

Missouri, Miss. State, Vandy, South Carolina, and Kentucky are all beatable by a Top 5-8 FCS team any week.  The rest would take a heck of an effort to pull it off, IMO.  Not impossible but....

2 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Missouri, Miss. State, Vandy, South Carolina, and Kentucky are all beatable by a Top 5-8 FCS team any week.  The rest would take a heck of an effort to pull it off, IMO.  Not impossible but....

Of course match ups and styles play a role also. For example, if Oregon is back to being a top 15 school by the time NDSU plays them in a few years, I don't expect that to go well for NDSU. The Oregon style is extremely difficult for any FCS team to matchup against. On the other hand, a team like Stanford, even when they are really good, has a style that is more conducive to an upset if you can matchup somewhat well with their physicality.

32 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

#22 Tennessee, #24 Auburn, Georgia, Kentucky, South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Missouri, Texas A&M, Arkansas, Miss St, Ole Miss. So which SEC teams do you think NDSU could beat? 

Jacksonville state beat ole miss in 2013 and South Carolina got beat by citadel, Jacksonville state took auburn to overtime. 

4 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Also I think most people will admit, it is easy to let up or overlook somebody when you are playing a team at a level lower than you.  For NDSU it's their Super Bowl when they play Iowa, while Iowa is looking at it as just a ho hum type of game.  It still has been impressive what NDSU has done against the FBS....not taking that away.  But I doubt Iowa had the same fire in their belly they had going up against NDSU....as they did when they played Michigan.  In my opinion that helps the upper FCS teams get some of those upsets against FBS teams.  Let's hope for some more FCS upsets over FBS this fall! 

Not wanting to fuel the bison fan base any more than they already are, I doubt Iowa was looking past NDSU. Pretty confident they wanted to be the team that stopped NDSU's winning streak vs FBS. 

At North Dakota State University, the cut is 12.2 percent. This compares to 6.9 percent at UND. The reason is that UND made deep cuts during the six-month-long administration of President Ed Schafer. NDSU cut some one-time spending, but didn't make cuts in operating funds.

That campus (NDSU), therefore, faces more significant pain in this budget round.

Read more: http://www.grandforksherald.com/opinion/featured-columnists/4208939-mike-jacobs-north-dakota-created-its-own-budget-woes 

So, what's NDSU going to cut in Athletics to make this 12.2% number? They're running at or near Division I minimum sport sponsorship now. 

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Read more: http://www.grandforksherald.com/opinion/featured-columnists/4208939-mike-jacobs-north-dakota-created-its-own-budget-woes 

So, what's NDSU going to cut in Athletics to make this 12.2% number? They're running at or near Division I minimum sport sponsorship now. 

They will cut the women's athletic director position. It's not they care about women's sports anyways.

5 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Hard to believe anything Jacobs says.  Look at Millers article.  Lots of different figures from Kennedy.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

Hard to believe anything Jacobs says.  Look at Millers article.  Lots of different figures from Kennedy.

Miller's article says nothing about NDSU's 12.2% problem that amounts to $18 million. And those are the numbers. And this is the "Moo U" thread. But nice try at deflection. 

Where is NDSU going to chop 12.2% from it's budget? 

9 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Miller's article says nothing about NDSU's 12.2% problem that amounts to $18 million. And those are the numbers. And this is the "Moo U" thread. But nice try at deflection. 

I'm sure there will be an article in the Forum, ah never.  No one in Fargo media dare rock the boat and ask a difficult question.  

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

What's UND doing about it's 20% chop the the governor wants?

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Jacobs actually seems to have most everything right in this article (NDSU did make cuts to operating last year, just not as much as UND).  Unusual for news in ND.

23 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

If you want to play "20% chop", what's NDSU going to do about its "20% chop"? <-- That knife cuts both ways. 

But instead I'll just say, ...

Oh Dan, all you have is more deflection? ... < sigh > 

NDSU should've got out in front of this sooner, like when they had a chance, like when they saw what UND did. NDSU had a warning and tried to skirt the issue. Now it's gonna bite. 

9 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

If you want to play "20% chop", what's NDSU going to do about its "20% chop"? <-- That knife cuts both ways. 

NDSU should've got out in front of this sooner, like when they had a chance, like when they saw what UND did. NDSU had a warning and tried to skirt the issue. Now it's gonna bite. 

I don't think raising student fees and game tickets will get them out of this bind. It could put a little wrinkle in that new stadium being built for the Mountain West. 

2 hours ago, Bison Dan said:

I know reading comprehension isn't your strong point, but as the article states, UND doesn't have as much to cut this time since they did more than just kick the can down the road, though obviously not enough to absorb the full, new proposed cuts. However Kennedy has released a statement and UND has set up a web page that lists tangible targets and will be used to keep people informed.

Now that we've cleared up your deflection, has ndsu publicly acknowledged the cuts let alone mention how they are going to address them? 

3 hours ago, darell1976 said:

I don't think raising student fees and game tickets will get them out of this bind. It could put a little wrinkle in that new stadium being built for the Mountain West. 

The NDSU grad making the cuts will write out a check to take care of NDSU's budget problems...

2 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

The NDSU grad making the cuts will write out a check to take care of NDSU's budget problems...

LOL. What?  Is this mythical person going to do it on an annual basis for as long as necessary?

Old MacDonald doesn't have enough money for that, sorry.

6 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I think NDSU is further out in front of this than you think.

7 hours ago, bison73 said:

I think NDSU is further out in front of this than you think.

Based on what? The non-answer you got over on bisonville ? The staff buyouts, which actually was in the paper a few weeks ago, is the only thing that has been publicly mentioned and that was done before Burgum's additional cuts came out.