SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U diaries

Vegas_Sioux

58 minutes ago, North Dakota said:

Who says they will need to cut anything?

Bismarck. 

As jdub pointed out, State funds will be cut 20%.

That means NDSU Athletics has to find a way to shave roughly $1.32 million (20% of what they'd been getting) or some other part of NDSU will be asked to shave their 20% share plus Athletics' 20%. 

Bismarck is sending a pot of money 20% smaller than before. How that's allocated will explain NDSU's priorities (as will it for UND). 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Bismarck. 

As jdub pointed out, State funds will be cut 20%.

That means NDSU Athletics has to find a way to shave roughly $1.32 million (20% of what they'd been getting) or some other part of NDSU will be asked to shave their 20% share plus Athletics' 20%. 

Bismarck is sending a pot of money 20% smaller than before. How that's allocated will explain NDSU's priorities (as will it for UND). 

But the pot of money that Bismarck sends to NDSU athletics is the roughly 2 million that Kolpack alluded to. Unless they're making them cut money allocated from tuition dollars. 

25 minutes ago, NDSU grad said:

But the pot of money that Bismarck sends to NDSU athletics is the roughly 2 million that Kolpack alluded to. Unless they're making them cut money allocated from tuition dollars. 

If Kolpack's numbers are to be believed, how is NDSU athletics relying on 60% more state funding than UND, yet UND is looking at making much more drastic cuts? (Hint - his numbers are off)

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

If Kolpack's numbers are to be believed, how is NDSU athletics relying on 60% more state funding than UND, yet UND is looking at making much more drastic cuts? (Hint - his numbers are off)

Or it could be UND's overall athletic budget is running a deficit. Not saying they are, but that is a possible explanation   

18 minutes ago, NDSU grad said:

Or it could be UND's overall athletic budget is running a deficit. Not saying they are, but that is a possible explanation   

That wouldn't explain anything.  Almost every school's athletic department runs at a deficit. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

That wouldn't explain anything.  Almost every school's athletic department runs at a deficit. 

Not NDSU.  They have a money tree.    Them and only about 20 other FBS schools have athletic depts that make money.  

• Upvote 2

On 2/10/2017 at 2:18 PM, southpaw said:

How long are these NDSU donors allegedly going to be covering the budget issue?  It's not one year so far.  It could be a long time.  Does NDSU want to rely on others or fix their own issues?

What donors are those?

41 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

"We have not taken the approach of across the board budget cuts," he said. That, he believes, is a recipe for "mediocrity."

(What DB really means)

"Nursing, Engineering, Accounting, etc....you all have to take a 20% cut.  Now if you excuse me, I have a meeting with Matt Larsen to talk about FCOA and making more upgrades for the Athletic Department."

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

Dexter Perkins: UND must put students' education was interesting.  Specially the one in the paper which had the full story.

You do understand the difference between a "news story" and an "editorial" or "letter to the editor", don't you? 

That said, nice attempt at deflection Dan. Bresciani says 20% is real and that tough choices must (finally) be made at NDSU. The whistling past the graveyard is over. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

You do understand the difference between a "news story" and an "editorial" or "letter to the editor", don't you? 

That said, nice attempt at deflection Dan. Bresciani says 20% is real and that tough choices must (finally) be made at NDSU. The whistling past the graveyard is over. 

I love how you ignore the financial mess UND is still in.  Will be interesting to see what the athletic dept and school has for deficits at the end of the school year.

5 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

I love how you ignore the financial mess UND is still in.  Will be interesting to see what the athletic dept and school has for deficits at the end of the school year.

Simple Thunder Dan,

NDSU has the exact same "mess".  They just refuse to acknowledge how they are going to fix it.  Also interesting how no faculty members chime in down there about anything, really.  Tells me they haven't been told they losing or having to cut anything...yet.  

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Simple Thunder Dan,

NDSU has the exact same "mess".  They just refuse to acknowledge how they are going to fix it.  Also interesting how no faculty members chime in down there about anything, really.  Tells me they haven't been told they losing or having to cut anything...yet.  

Programs will be cut, people will lose their jobs, and departments will be significantly reduced at NDSU.  But that's not as interesting as sports getting cut at UND, so no one is really talking about it.  Including the Fool-um.

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

I'm not ignoring it. This is the NDSU thread. I'm talking NDSU. 

So, see UND threads.