SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2016 - 2017 Season

Frozen4sioux

17 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Your link:

Teravainen is still on an entry-level deal that pays him $894,166. He’s a bargain now, and will be a restricted free agent at the end of next season, at which point he could be in line for a significant raise. 

Based on last season, paying Anisimov and Panarin makes much more sense. 

24 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Your link:

Based on last season, paying Anisimov and Panarin makes much more sense. 

I agree with that.  But still say the Canes got a great deal (one that CHI was forced into however).  Only time will tell I guess.

On a side note, I follow Scott Powers on Twitter and he's still saying that everything he is hearing is that Nick is staying.  Hopefully we find out relatively soon.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

The got Terevainen for nothing....and have tons of cap space.  They'll be fine.  They won this deal.

20 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

CHI got a 2nd and a 3rd. Those are way more valuable the way CHI uses picks. 

Not only they do have lots of cap space as some have mentioned, but Bickell's contract isn't on the books very long. Teuvo is a very promising piece and they know what they have a good idea what they are getting (just don't know his ceiling for sure). 2nd and 3rd round picks are unkown commodities. Yeah, Chicago has been doing good in the draft, but most 3rd rounders won't see the NHL.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, joeyjr said:

Not only they do have lots of cap space as some have mentioned, but Bickell's contract isn't on the books very long. Teuvo is a very promising piece and they know what they have a good idea what they are getting (just don't know his ceiling for sure). 2nd and 3rd round picks are unkown commodities. Yeah, Chicago has been doing good in the draft, but most 3rd rounders won't see the NHL.

Not going to disagree with what you say; I'll only point out that now CHI has about $5 million to play with. They seem to make good decisions with money (as well as picks), save for the Bickell thing. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Not going to disagree with what you say; I'll only point out that now CHI has about $5 million to play with. They seem to make good decisions with money (as well as picks), save for the Bickell thing. 

The Hawks are doing the best they can with the mess they're currently in.  Whichever team was going to trade with them was obviously going to win the deal.  The initial point was who won the deal.

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

The Hawks are doing the best they can with the mess they're currently in.  Whichever team was going to trade with them was obviously going to win the deal.  The initial point was who won the deal.

I think getting rid of Bickell, and creating the possibility of keeping Panarin and Shaw should be a considered a win no matter what they got back as long as they weren't giving up Toews, Kane, Keith, or Seabrook.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, snova4 said:

I think getting rid of Bickell, and creating the possibility of keeping Panarin and Shaw should be a considered a win no matter what they got back as long as they weren't giving up Toews, Kane, Keith, or Seabrook.

Agreed.

5 minutes ago, snova4 said:

Shaw?  Nope.

1 minute ago, siouxforcefans said:

So the 8 freshies have been confirmed.  Anyone surprised by the list?

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=211020587

The list? Nope.
However, in releasing this at eight incoming (not nine) I read it as a positive regarding Schmaltz returning. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, siouxforcefans said:

Nope.  However, come this August, I am  curious to see whether UND brings in a last minute 21-year old recruit from the NAHL or MJHL to fill the void if a certain someone signs with the Blackhawks.

14 minutes ago, siouxforcefans said:

So last year Cam and Luke (Johnson) had C. Johnson and L. Johnson on the back of their jersey.  Wonder what they are going to do next year with Cam and Casey?!! Can't put Ca. Johnson.  I realize this is a very low priority compared to other 2016-2017 season story lines.  But hey, it's mid June and there is no hockey being played right now.  Gotta talk about something!!!! :)

25 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The list? Nope.
However, in releasing this at eight incoming (not nine) I read it as a positive regarding Schmaltz returning. 

I wish that were the case.  This announcement has no barring on whether or not Schmaltz is coming or going.  If he leaves, they have the back-fill all situated. 

23 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

So last year Cam and Luke (Johnson) had C. Johnson and L. Johnson on the back of their jersey.  Wonder what they are going to do next year with Cam and Casey?!! Can't put Ca. Johnson.  I realize this is a very low priority compared to other 2016-2017 season story lines.  But hey, it's mid June and there is no hockey being played right now.  Gotta talk about something!!!! :)

It would be neat if Cam had his full name on there "CAM JOHNSON" . . . unrealistically, but Casey could maybe put "SON OF JOHN" on his.

22 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Just put Casey and Cam on them like soccer players.

30 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

....Big Johnson and Little Johnson

• Upvote 1